Second Skin Audio

Enclosure Build W/ Pictures

some of the beginning stages of this build got erased. ;(

anyways these are the ones left. the customer wanted a flat response. also he wanted his 2 12" subs in there owen chambers vs one common chamber. i desided to go with each chamber about 1.75 cubes and tuned at 30 hz.

time for pictures....

front baffle and port w/ fiberglass applied. i wanted to have both baffles and port pieces be one kerfed piece of mdf. but that could'nt happen cause i dont have the means to transporting the uncut mdf sheet to my house.( car not a truck)

1003058rs5.jpg

painted the ports black then i installed the baffles/ports into the rest of the enclosure. not looking to bad. accept the to differnt shades of mdf ;( alittle sanding will fix that.

1003060lp2.jpg

once the front baffles and ports where installed, i poured the rest of the glass into the enclosure. the box sitting titled the puddle of glass set to make a nice and smooth corner

1003059fc8.jpg

1003062qp0.jpg

sanded the baffles, and test fitted the subs before the customer showed up. not looking to bad

1003065kb9.jpg

1003066hg0.jpg

when the customer showed up he was very impressed and couldnt wait to see how it sounded. we had to remove the back seat of his 94 civic lx 4 door to install the enclosure into the trunk. sub covers installed ( not my idea ) and ready to pound the hell out the civic.

1003067ha5.jpg

damn those new blaupunkt velocity subs are no joke. i was very surprised with how loud they got. dude only had a 800 watt audiobahn monoblock with subs wired in parelle showing a 4ohm load. the sub's manual says 1200 watts rms and 2000 peak. but damn that shit was loud. anyways with 2 smiles from ear to ear i knew it was another job well done.

oh ok..... but what would be the difference between a flat response ported enclosure and a regular ported enclosure?

also what would be the difference if u just would of made only one port in the middle of this build? curious :D

Edited by 95pimpalass

Guest MegaloManiac
oh ok..... but what would be the difference between a flat response ported enclosure and a regular ported enclosure?

also what would be the difference if u just would of made only one port in the middle of this build? curious :D

unless u r doing spl u dont want a peaky box

Edited by MegaloManiac

not flat

131063wa0.jpg

flat

131064vs2.jpg

heres a link for more info:

http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/34579/131062.html

so youre telling me that the response curve is different when comparing the one vs two chambers?

no, the guy thinks that 2 seperate chambers are louder than one common chamber.

if designed witha program like bass box pro 6 you can design it for a flat responce with one or two chambers it doesnt matter.

what makes a flatter responce is the tuning of the box. cabin gain can cause a unwanted spike, but if your looking for spl, then tuning a few hz below when a vehicals cabin gain begins = loud a hell