95 Accord, tablet in dash, Team Ascendant Audio 18"

I have a question . I just went back through your build, partially cause I'm thinking of trying to put my Crescendo amps in my seat.

I have a split seat thought, which I can put together, or get an LX seat which is a solid back. But that's not my issue. I have 2 questions!

One, what did you mount the amps to the seat with, cause I never saw anything. Looks like you have wood in there, but i can't tell for sure. If so, what thickness.

Second, How deep are your seats and how much foam did you take out of it? Are you real close to the fabric, like 1/2", 1/4", what?

Just trying to get some ideas about what I'll be facing. Thanks!

I have a question . I just went back through your build, partially cause I'm thinking of trying to put my Crescendo amps in my seat.

I have a split seat thought, which I can put together, or get an LX seat which is a solid back. But that's not my issue. I have 2 questions!

One, what did you mount the amps to the seat with, cause I never saw anything. Looks like you have wood in there, but i can't tell for sure. If so, what thickness.

Second, How deep are your seats and how much foam did you take out of it? Are you real close to the fabric, like 1/2", 1/4", what?

I also did this to my civic and will be doing this to my LADYS 96 accord. but she has an armrest, so im not sure if its differient than his.

I took about 2" of foam out of my seat, and then build an amp box and mounted it too the seat frame from the front side, then re applyed the foam

relatively easy, just time consuming

I also did this to my civic and will be doing this to my LADYS 96 accord. but she has an armrest, so im not sure if its differient than his.

I took about 2" of foam out of my seat, and then build an amp box and mounted it too the seat frame from the front side, then re applyed the foam

relatively easy, just time consuming

My concern is that these crescendo amps are 2 3/4" deep. Not sure I have 3" to be able to take out of the seat. I also have the center arm rest in mine bur that can be removed and filled in. Ill probably reupholster my seat, unless I find a cheap lx seat which is a single solid back, instead of split back with the armrest. I was planning on doing an angle iron amp rack to give some rigidity but keep the mounting point at a 1/4", which is where I get my 3" from. I guess I could build out the seat, just extend the bracket or mounting point so that the rack doesnt hit the frame. Sorry thinking out loud.

It's hard for me to explained but there is a bolt in each corner from the frame to the wood with a 1.5" block spacer in between, I'll get a pic of it when when I get home. I cut out alot of the foam, It's real close to the fabric, you can feel the wood when sitting. Now I think I cut a little to much out and I probably could have used .5" mdf to save some foam.

My Build Log

95 Honda Accord

Nook HD+ tablet

Team Ascendant Audio 18"

2 Skar Audio SK-2500.1D

Crescendo Audio C1100.4

2006 Civic, Fi SP4 12", bc3500

Build log

I looked and its about an inch of foam left.

1002248v.jpg

1002255fl.jpg

And youre still sitting out 1/4" from the back?

What do you mean, lol I don't understand what you're asking?

My Build Log

95 Honda Accord

Nook HD+ tablet

Team Ascendant Audio 18"

2 Skar Audio SK-2500.1D

Crescendo Audio C1100.4

Build log

Sorry. The metal backing on the seat, your amps are sitting above it by 1/4" or 1/2"? Cause you have the 1/4" mdf on it right?

Let me ask this, this will clear me up a little bit. When you shut the seat, does it latch or did you have to move it out at all?

They're almost a 1/2" above the metal and the cover panel is 1/8" and I had to cut the latch out to get my box to fit.

My Build Log

95 Honda Accord

Nook HD+ tablet

Team Ascendant Audio 18"

2 Skar Audio SK-2500.1D

Crescendo Audio C1100.4

Build log

Archived