Just got my first call of the new month..

As stated above the call was for a male with chest pains and grabbing his chest throwing up blood. That kind o call is a code 3 by our book which is lights and sirens. So I wake the crew up that has been running the entire time for the first half of their 24 and is now getting rest to go on this call to only get a call back like a minute later with the caller canceling the SQ because she thinks he's just drunk.. Seriously?! Gotta love the people in this city..

As stated above the call was for a male with chest pains and grabbing his chest throwing up blood. That kind o call is a code 3 by our book which is lights and sirens. So I wake the crew up that has been running the entire time for the first half of their 24 and is now getting rest to go on this call to only get a call back like a minute later with the caller canceling the SQ because she thinks he's just drunk.. Seriously?! Gotta love the people in this city..

Meh, 95% of the med calls here are for chest pains, literally. That's it. 4% are for wrecks/fights & the other 1% are Code 200 (fatality)

I feel worse for the sheriff's. The other night, I heard one get dispatched to help a drunk kid find his stolen ATV (it was stolen at the grounds he was riding it with...) Told the dispatcher he was driving his Jimmy around trying to find it, and they told him to stop. He called back and told them he found his ATV and didn't need a sheriff. In return, the dispatcher cancelled him for the stolen ATV & instead sent two sheriff's for a DUI...

As I always say, You can't fix stupid, legally or illegally. :pardon:

Still waiting on our first call for the FD. Noone's been dispatched yet, but I have a feeling it will be us and another department on another 9am fire alarm that ends up being burnt toast... :shrug:

Edited by iceman1575

POTATO!

I've had calls like that, a stupid call I had once before was a guy shot himself in the eye with a crossbow?? I honestly don't know how he managed that but you can be surprised what people can do.

And last night I had a call for a suicidal pt that was coming off a cocaine and marijuana high, obviously I was more concerned for my crews about the cocaine high. But the police department wanted me to talk to the pt and I am really limited on what I can and can't because I'm not EMD certified.

And I JUST got a call for a drunken assault, guy was hit in his right I with a pool stick and it's swollen shut.. Really?! Lol

The call the crew is on now, the PT is assaulting a female and screaming at everyone. I guess the boys in the black and whites are gonna have fun with the PT.

Edit- so far four cop cars on scene now.

Edited by Vitacy

I've had calls like that, a stupid call I had once before was a guy shot himself in the eye with a crossbow?? I honestly don't know how he managed that but you can be surprised what people can do.

And last night I had a call for a suicidal pt that was coming off a cocaine and marijuana high, obviously I was more concerned for my crews about the cocaine high. But the police department wanted me to talk to the pt and I am really limited on what I can and can't because I'm not EMD certified.

And I JUST got a call for a drunken assault, guy was hit in his right I with a pool stick and it's swollen shut.. Really?! Lol

Lol. I LOVE listening to my scanner and listening to some of the calls. Entertains me very much :yahoo:

Oh yeah, and just because I can. http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?feedId=4555 :drinks:

Our FD is Station 97, East Fork.

POTATO!

I'll listen in when I have a chance but the city is going to hell. My crew that went out on those calls just went on another drunk call and is now at a bar for a 10-84 (MVA) with one injury, PT hit by car slumped over unconscious uncotrolled bleeding and now conscious. Got calls from the city to respond and the county to respond. Good thin that SQ was already in the area.

Im assuming we are talking about you being a firemen?

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

Oh i was saying because my dad is a captain at the fire department i think he is squad 1 or something but the way you were talking was similar how he talks

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE