JVC Arsenal issues

Hello all. I've got a JVC Arsenal KD-AHD69, as seen in my sig. I bought if off Crutchfield, who gave me a 3-year warranty since it was from their 'Signature' site. Anyway, I came home from college to see that it has issues. While playing any music via AM/FM/CD/USB, the speakers emit this harsh, high-pitch static noise that goes with the music (isn't constant). On top of that, the passenger rear speaker outputs 1% of the sound it should, and when adjusting volume, the right side speakers change faster than the left side. I pulled out the deck, and took a DMM to the speaker wires at the dash- each reads 4ohms. I also pulled out the rear passenger speaker (the particularly weak sounding one) and hooked it up to another source. Sounds perfect.

I really think this deck is toast- but want to verify here.

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

Send it back to Cruchfield, since you have the warranty. I have the ahd59 and mine sounds great

i love this sh--t man 1966 Ford Fairlane Pioneer prs 80, the big three, with 2 big azz agm batts, dual 270/200 amp alts , two 8'' mids and tweets in the kick( PPI phantom 600.2). two 10''s and tweets in the doors, two 10'' mids and tweets in the rear decK ( Lanar opti 500x2). 2 C2 Audio Threatcon 4 12s on a Crunch GP3000d. No crossover .

I would just go to a crutchfield store and.make them fix it

99 expedition

Two 15 inch dc audio xls

Ported box tunned to 34 hrtz

Soundstream pcx.2000d(better amp soon)

0 gauge

big three(soon)

Yellow top,(more batts soon)

• 2 weeks later...

Bump. Had it repaired at an authorized service center near me. Receipt said they re-soldered some internals, dusted off the inside, and that I should check my installation.

I have a fully soldered harness I made up for this deck when I installed it, and I made sure to run brand-new Knu wire at the time.

SAME shit happens, including the passenger rear getting maybe 1% of its signal. What the hell?

My feedback thread

Interesting twist...

took out the deck, rigged it up on an 8A 12V supply I have, with an old JBL 5x7 on the passenger rear channel (one that's quiet as hell in the car)

227871_10150178923514272_540409271_6957525_657275_n.jpg

Sounds perfect. No buzz, static, whatever- and the signal is strong.

SO, the problem might NOT lie in the deck or harness at all- are the speakers somehow all blown to hell?

My feedback thread

The conclusion:

I decided to see what was up with the wire going to the speaker getting very little signal. For shits and giggles, I hooked up the 12v supply to the speaker end, and went up front to check the voltage at the dash. Nothing. Walked around back, and the supply is ticking and refusing to start, which it does when there is a short- interesting. So today ended up with pulling off trim panels to find the short, cutting the wire, soldering extensions in, and re-routing up a roomier pillar in the car.

All good! :yahoo:

My feedback thread