Jump to content

My way to 153.2dB @ 26Hz. Ford Express with 4x 15"


Recommended Posts

Posted

Did some small test with the box in the garage with a PA-amp.

DSCF0764.jpg

Did want to push it so I hooked it up @ 8ohm stereo. Didn´t look that nice, but hey it worked ;)

DSCF0765.jpg

Since I was using my phone as player I used one of my Overdrive to get some gain on the signal.

DSCF0766.jpg

Didn´t push the box at all, just played with low power. There was some leaks between the woofers and the box so used the original rubber "rings" to solve that.

I bought some batteries, "only" got five of them, but I found out that there´s more space left in the car if I want to add more, but for now I have other expenses on the car that I have to spend my monye on.

Didn´t take any good pics of the batteries :rolleyes:

I did two ugly boxes to house four of the batteries, but they won´t be viewable when the box is in the car anyway, will do some more to them. They will be screwed together with the box later on.

DSCF0775.jpg

Other side.

DSCF0776.jpg

The fifth battery will be under the hood.

Personal bests:

dB Drag: 163.4dB (2004)

Propper Droppers: Average: 150.5dB. Peak: 153.2dB @ 26Hz (2010)

EASCA dBL: 152.2dB (music)(2010)

Posted

good shit! vids?

They are coming soon ;)

Personal bests:

dB Drag: 163.4dB (2004)

Propper Droppers: Average: 150.5dB. Peak: 153.2dB @ 26Hz (2010)

EASCA dBL: 152.2dB (music)(2010)

Posted

Had to fix some stuff inside the box..

DSCF0782.jpg

Inside the box, a bit tired maybe ;)

DSCF0783.jpg

Two of the batteries, bad photo, I know.

DSCF0786.jpg

5 x 50mm2 cables and 1 x 35mm2 cable.

DSCF0799.jpg

I have 28m 50mm2 cable, 13m 35mm2 cable and 4-6m 21mm2 cable.

Battery boxes.

DSCF0797.jpg

DSCF0798.jpg

Time to clean the car?

DSCF0796.jpg

Personal bests:

dB Drag: 163.4dB (2004)

Propper Droppers: Average: 150.5dB. Peak: 153.2dB @ 26Hz (2010)

EASCA dBL: 152.2dB (music)(2010)

Posted

The box are finaly inside the car!

DSCF0800.jpg

Lots of space over! :D

DSCF0801.jpg

I think I will use expanding foam in the roof.

DSCF0802.jpg

DSCF0803.jpg

DSCF0804.jpg

Have to connect the battery boxes to the box..

DSCF0805.jpg

DSCF0806.jpg

Personal bests:

dB Drag: 163.4dB (2004)

Propper Droppers: Average: 150.5dB. Peak: 153.2dB @ 26Hz (2010)

EASCA dBL: 152.2dB (music)(2010)

Posted

I wanted to know the weight of the box and first time I had the car on the scale it was 1120Kg, after the box was inside the car without the amps and the passangerseat it was 1500Kg, not to bad..

Box and woofers =300Kg and then batteries ~80Kg

Had to find out if I could close the backdoors with the PG amp mounted.

DSCF0812.jpg

No problem at all!

DSCF0807.jpg

Don´t know why I was worried about that... :rolleyes:

DSCF0809.jpg

:eek:

DSCF0811.jpg

Lots of space left! :D

Personal bests:

dB Drag: 163.4dB (2004)

Propper Droppers: Average: 150.5dB. Peak: 153.2dB @ 26Hz (2010)

EASCA dBL: 152.2dB (music)(2010)

Posted

Very nice and STOUT looking enclosure there. I've never heard of B2, but that stuff looks downright sexy....

Posted

DSCF0836.jpg

The center amp will be at the same level as the other two when it´s all done.

DSCF0837.jpg

DSCF0835.jpg

Did some test and the car plays...

Temporary:

DSCF0839.jpg

Bad video I know but didn´t want to upset my friends neighbours by playing more ;)

Sash! - Stay (Album version)

th_DSCF0840.jpg

I think my car hates me :D

More testing:

th_DSCF0843.jpg

th_DSCF0848.jpg

th_DSCF0856.jpg

Personal bests:

dB Drag: 163.4dB (2004)

Propper Droppers: Average: 150.5dB. Peak: 153.2dB @ 26Hz (2010)

EASCA dBL: 152.2dB (music)(2010)

Posted

Very nice and STOUT looking enclosure there. I've never heard of B2, but that stuff looks downright sexy....

When I did this build B2 Audio was a very new brand, it´s from Denmark (the stuff are made in Asia, amps in Korea, the woofers I don´t know but it´s no China junk). They do have some European and world champions in dB Dragracing/Bass Race, the world record holder in Street Max 1-2 are using B2 stuff. You can find more info here: www.b2audio.com

Personal bests:

dB Drag: 163.4dB (2004)

Propper Droppers: Average: 150.5dB. Peak: 153.2dB @ 26Hz (2010)

EASCA dBL: 152.2dB (music)(2010)

Posted

I was in a hurry to make the car play-able for next weekend for the Fast And Furious Carshow, in Fredericia Denmark.

So there was no time for design, the only goal was to make the car able to play.

DSCF0859.jpg

DSCF0860.jpg

DSCF0861.jpg

DSCF0862.jpg

It didn´t look good, but I it worked for the weekend..

DSCF0865.jpg

41mm thick, just to be able to fit the speakers without cuting the metal in the door.

Not done, but closer than before...

DSCF0866.jpg

DSCF0868.jpg

Design by Fred Flintstone!

DSCF0870.jpg

DSCF0871.jpg

Personal bests:

dB Drag: 163.4dB (2004)

Propper Droppers: Average: 150.5dB. Peak: 153.2dB @ 26Hz (2010)

EASCA dBL: 152.2dB (music)(2010)

Posted

From the competition in Denmark:

DSCF0908.jpg

DSCF0909.jpg

DSCF0910.jpg

We had some construction problems ;)

DSCF0889.jpg

DSCF0890.jpg

The building didn´t like my car ;)

I got first place in Bass Race 139.9 in Denmark.

Then the week after I was at a local comp and just did some test just for fun. (Didn´t compete.)

DSCF0948.jpg

DSCF0950.jpg

Then the week after that I was at another comp and placed first in Bass Race 139.9.

Personal bests:

dB Drag: 163.4dB (2004)

Propper Droppers: Average: 150.5dB. Peak: 153.2dB @ 26Hz (2010)

EASCA dBL: 152.2dB (music)(2010)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 934 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...