Jump to content

My way to 153.2dB @ 26Hz. Ford Express with 4x 15"


Recommended Posts

Posted

Back in 2009 we were only allowed to use Bass Race cd 3 or 4 in the swedish Bass Race comps, so I switched to Bass Race 4 and gained some and did a 148dB+ Bass Race run.

After that I wanted to do the 149.9 class, so here we go:

IMAGE_007.jpg

Then it was time for the baffle to have a little talk too my saw.

IMAGE_008.jpg

I guess that this isn´t optimal for the airflow so I did some more cutting...

IMAGE_009.jpg

and added these.

IMAGE_011.jpg

IMAGE_012.jpg

IMAGE_013.jpg

Personal bests:

dB Drag: 163.4dB (2004)

Propper Droppers: Average: 150.5dB. Peak: 153.2dB @ 26Hz (2010)

EASCA dBL: 152.2dB (music)(2010)

Posted

And then these...

DSCF0969.jpg

DSCF0970.jpg

And since I had BIG "holes" between the carbody and the box I made these...

DSCF0961.jpg

DSCF0966.jpg

DSCF0968.jpg

Personal bests:

dB Drag: 163.4dB (2004)

Propper Droppers: Average: 150.5dB. Peak: 153.2dB @ 26Hz (2010)

EASCA dBL: 152.2dB (music)(2010)

Posted

DSCF0979.jpg

DSCF0977.jpg

I will paint the port again since I touched it before it was dry :rolleyes:

DSCF0982.jpg

DSCF0981.jpg

Personal bests:

dB Drag: 163.4dB (2004)

Propper Droppers: Average: 150.5dB. Peak: 153.2dB @ 26Hz (2010)

EASCA dBL: 152.2dB (music)(2010)

Posted

Some hairtricks, I will post videos with open door later on.

IMGP6766.JPG

IMGP6770.JPG

IMGP6781.JPG

IMGP6787.JPG

IMGP6790.JPG

708347_m5twvp.jpg

708348_7dor4w.jpg

708349_d08ta6.jpg

Personal bests:

dB Drag: 163.4dB (2004)

Propper Droppers: Average: 150.5dB. Peak: 153.2dB @ 26Hz (2010)

EASCA dBL: 152.2dB (music)(2010)

Posted

708346_rairr9.jpg

708350_wfvk80.jpg

708351_5d2fa3.jpg

708352_2nyyqi.jpg

Personal bests:

dB Drag: 163.4dB (2004)

Propper Droppers: Average: 150.5dB. Peak: 153.2dB @ 26Hz (2010)

EASCA dBL: 152.2dB (music)(2010)

Posted

The re-build did gain some ;)

Bild001.jpg

I got a second M44.

DSCF2184.jpg

Moved the M44 to see if I can fit two of them, it will work but it´s TIGHT, the amp will be "inside" the door when it´s closed.

kim-b-albums-b2-audio-picture3364-dscf2201.jpg

kim-b-albums-b2-audio-picture3368-dscf2206.jpg

kim-b-albums-b2-audio-picture3367-dscf2204.jpg

kim-b-albums-b2-audio-picture3366-dscf2203.jpg

kim-b-albums-b2-audio-picture3365-dscf2202.jpg

Personal bests:

dB Drag: 163.4dB (2004)

Propper Droppers: Average: 150.5dB. Peak: 153.2dB @ 26Hz (2010)

EASCA dBL: 152.2dB (music)(2010)

Posted

Tight but I can still close the doors :)

DSCF2218.jpg

DSCF2216.jpg

Went to Stockholm with these in the box (there´s 5 off them). (I live in the south of Sweden, around 450-500km from Stockholm.)

DSCF2282.jpg

You always have to look out for the police in Östergötland, but this was extreme ;)

DSCF2284.jpg

The cracked roof

DSCF2285.jpg

DSCF2286.jpg

Out with the seats.

DSCF2287.jpg

Thomas Holst, trying to weld.

DSCF2288.jpg

Personal bests:

dB Drag: 163.4dB (2004)

Propper Droppers: Average: 150.5dB. Peak: 153.2dB @ 26Hz (2010)

EASCA dBL: 152.2dB (music)(2010)

Posted

Looks like he are doing it right!

DSCF2289.jpg

But the welder was $hit and some welds had to be re-done.

Test inside the car:

DSCF2290.jpg

Welded in place, will be needing to do some more welding when I get my hands on a better welder.

DSCF2294.jpg

DSCF2295.jpg

DSCF2296.jpg

In Stockholm you need a guarddog! ;)

DSCF2293.jpg

Personal bests:

dB Drag: 163.4dB (2004)

Propper Droppers: Average: 150.5dB. Peak: 153.2dB @ 26Hz (2010)

EASCA dBL: 152.2dB (music)(2010)

Posted

Started to take the dash out, didn´t get further than this..

DSCF2311.jpg

DSCF2312.jpg

A friend asked me if I could come to his comp last weekend so I had to do something to keep the steel from flexing in the back (it was only welded in the front before) so I did this.

DSCF2313.jpg

DSCF2314.jpg

DSCF2316.jpg

More will be done later on.

In Bass Race Rikard did 146.8 in the quali and I did 146.9, tight ;)

DSCF2322.jpg

DSCF2323.jpg

In the final we both had problems, Rikard with his RCA and I had problems with a lose windscreen..

But I guess that 153dB on music isn´t that bad when the windscreen is flexing like crazy.

Personal bests:

dB Drag: 163.4dB (2004)

Propper Droppers: Average: 150.5dB. Peak: 153.2dB @ 26Hz (2010)

EASCA dBL: 152.2dB (music)(2010)

Posted

I was at a local comp and did little gain, 154.2dB not much, but on the other hand the car looked like this:

Bild0055.jpg

Tested 20Hz and did 142.xdB.

Put On - Young Jeesy with open door.

Bild0058.jpg

And as always something breaks on the car...

Bild0056.jpg

Bild0057.jpg

Bild0059.jpg

Bild0060.jpg

Personal bests:

dB Drag: 163.4dB (2004)

Propper Droppers: Average: 150.5dB. Peak: 153.2dB @ 26Hz (2010)

EASCA dBL: 152.2dB (music)(2010)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 1 Anonymous, 4870 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...