Sonic Electronix

2006 Mercedes C230 Factory Sound System

My girlfriend has a 2006 Mercedes C230. A while back she went through a car wash and the sound system stopped working. After some testing, we found out that it is a fiber optic system and everything still functions correctly some water somehow got inside and shorted out the factory amp in the back.

Anybody have any idea where i can get a used one? I have been calling around to local junkyards but havent had any luck.

She is not interested in installing a new system, but we might not have any other choice.

I only tell people 1/3 of what im REALLY doin', just so they can HATE ONLY on that third...

2007 Tahoe

factory system for now :)

Car Domain Page

Lay It Low Forum

Are u sure the amp is bad?

Have you unplugged the M.O.S.T ring and see if you have light on 1 side?

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Are u sure the amp is bad?

Have you unplugged the M.O.S.T ring and see if you have light on 1 side?

I didnt get that involved with the testing, i dont know CRAP about fiber optic systems. But, i was reassured that it as definately the amp.

I only tell people 1/3 of what im REALLY doin', just so they can HATE ONLY on that third...

2007 Tahoe

Car Domain Page

Lay It Low Forum

By the dealer im guessing, since they are the only ones with star diag to actually "see" the amp is bad.

Anyway..

Gonna be hard to just find a replacment.

Is it logic 7?

You can do a new deck and a ms8 for less than the factory amp cost.

Plus steering wheel control if you have them, gonna be in the 1100.00 range

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

I found a site called www.benzworld.org and was referred to The BenzStore in Atlanta

Ken at 404 325-3966

They said they might have one for $350, im waiting for a call back.

2007 Tahoe

Car Domain Page

Lay It Low Forum

Would be nice.

Is that for a hk logic7 amp?

Would be nice.

Is that for a hk logic7 amp?

not exactly sure, they are all top secret classified over the phone. I didnt have the VIN on me the first time i called, so i had to get that for them. Then they wouldnt give me the part #, they said they will call me back.

2007 Tahoe

Car Domain Page

Lay It Low Forum

yeah i had this same problem with my moms amp on her c230 lol.

good luck dude we ended up taking it to a benz dealership and having a new one put in

also cool u got a c230 also my mom has a 2003 sport coupe with kompressor engine <_<

but hey if you need know anything about that car putting a system in let me know.

ohh by the way ray is right on 1000+ atleast...

Edited by Relyks

yeah i had this same problem with my moms amp on her c230 lol.

good luck dude we ended up taking it to a benz dealership and having a new one put in

also cool u got a c230 also my mom has a 2003 sport coupe with kompressor engine <_<

but hey if you need know anything about that car putting a system in let me know.

ohh by the way ray is right on 1000+ atleast...

Thanks man...everyone i have been talking to has been saying that the dealer is gonna charge me atleast $1,000. That is ridiculous for a crappy sounding factory stereo! It wasnt even loud and when the volume was turned up, the high's would distort and it just sounded like garbage!

I told my girl that if this $300 replacement dont work, we are just gonna put in a good sounding system. Why not for $1,000...you know?

2007 Tahoe

Car Domain Page

Lay It Low Forum