Sonic Electronix

Dual amp kit? Which has all little things needed?

I'm leaning towards a dual amp setup. I'm gonna run 1 older alpine V12 amp that will power front components with 70watts rms @ 4 ohms and a kicker zx300.1 amp that will power a sub with 300watts rms at 2ohms. Since that isnt much power and I'm 100% not going to expand the setup, I decided to go with a 4g power wire that splits into two 8g wires. I've found about 3 amp kits but can't decide which one is right, and some of them dont seem to have everything I need for the install.

So this is where I need your help,

if you have used or heard anything about either of these kits was it good or bad? and do they include everything I need for the setup? I'm talking down to the ring connectors. Some of them dont have RCA's but it seems the JL amp kit gives only 2 ring terminals and still requires you to buy a fuse?

Here they are, let me know what you think:

Stinger:

http://www.woofersetc.com/p-7669-spk5645r-stinger-4-gauge-complete-dual-amp-kit.aspx

RF:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_9902_Rockford-Fosgate-RFK4D.html

JL:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_24196_JL-Audio-XD-PCS4-2B.html

Btw: These are all on ebay in the 85$ range,so thats where I'll be getting it. I also might get some slightly better RCA's from knu konceptz. Just to be clear, for my setup I'll only need to buy 2 RCA cables right? Since its a 2 channel and a mono amp.

So far I'm between the RF and Stinger.

The Stinger looks like it comes with more than enough of what you need. But I would personally go with the RF just because I like the look better.

1999 GMC Suburban SLT
No system planned just yet.

Look at "hate" spelled backwards. It spells "e-tah." For example, if you hate me you can e-tah dick.

The Stinger looks like it comes with more than enough of what you need. But I would personally go with the RF just because I like the look better.

/

Do you know if stinger is a legit brand that gives true sized wire. Anyone on here use them?

It does seem to have EVERYTHING. As for the RF kit, I THINK all I'll need are better RCA's, one of those rubber guards for the firewall and 2 8g ring terminals.

So not terrible. Thats like an extra 10 bucks all together.

All the stinger stuff I've used was awesome. Been a few years now but what I looked at at my local shop was stinger wiring and looked right to me. And that was a couple weeks ago so I would say its legit but rockford stuff is good to. Comes down to personal prefernce

/

Do you know if stinger is a legit brand that gives true sized wire. Anyone on here use them?

It does seem to have EVERYTHING. As for the RF kit, I THINK all I'll need are better RCA's, one of those rubber guards for the firewall and 2 8g ring terminals.

So not terrible. Thats like an extra 10 bucks all together.

Maybe a grommet but why rings and new RCAs? 20ft not enough. RF RCAs, imho, are great. They're more flexible than most of the ones I've seen.

1999 GMC Suburban SLT

Look at "hate" spelled backwards. It spells "e-tah." For example, if you hate me you can e-tah dick.

well from the reviews I saw the RCAs were apparently kinda cheap. and as for the rings. I was gonna get 8g rings since my alpine amp doesn't seem to fit 8g in the power and ground holes so I'd use the rings to connect them with screws.

well from the reviews I saw the RCAs were apparently kinda cheap. and as for the rings. I was gonna get 8g rings since my alpine amp doesn't seem to fit 8g in the power and ground holes so I'd use the rings to connect them with screws.

The wires in the kit already come with rings on them. the non-ringed end goes into the distribution blocks/battery terminals.

Edit: Looked a bit closer, those are the distribution blocks I thought were terminals. Then yes, you would need the rings if your amp wont take them.

Edited by Parentnoia

1999 GMC Suburban SLT

The wires in the kit already come with rings on them. the non-ringed end goes into the distribution blocks/battery terminals.

Edit: Looked a bit closer, those are the distribution blocks I thought were terminals. Then yes, you would need the rings if your amp wont take them.

yeah I think if not the RF I'll go with the the stinger kit since it seems to have everything. And the reviews seem legit so I might lean towards that.