Coil configuration questions

Well, im going to get that sub regardless. Ill have to keep the stock alt for awhile. But ill have upgraded wiring and batts. Also, im not 100% positive on that amp either. I just cant seem to find a good amp. Ill start reading and looking around more and more tho.

2008 Hummer H3

x2 Sundown Audio Nightshade V2 12s

x1 Sundown Audio 3000D

from the sounds of it bro, i would not get the btl quite yet... maybe a bl or an ssd. I only say this because first you will not be giving that btl nearly enough power to bring out its full potential, and it also sounds like you don't have the electrical system to run this set up. I run 1 18btl dual 1 and have to run a 250 HO alt, 3 group 34 batt, 2 runs 0/1 gauge wire, and big three done on the van . I would suggest working your way up cause that btl is nothing to mess with :D but if you do decide that you want to go the route of the btl, we are here to help. But just do your homework and make sure this is something your car can handle. Just my .02

and what kind of amp/s are you running?

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

Well, im really confused and stressed about what to get now. Maybe x2 15' Fi BTLs? Would that require less electrical work done? This is going to the 'trunk' of my 05 impala. Id like to place an order on something 2morrow! I already have x2 15' SPLs in the trunk. But what ever setup i decide to go with, im not sure which amp to get either. I never know a good place to look.

2008 Hummer H3

x1 Sundown Audio 3000D

Well, im really confused and stressed about what to get now. Maybe x2 15' Fi BTLs? Would that require less electrical work done? This is going to the 'trunk' of my 05 impala. Id like to place an order on something 2morrow! I already have x2 15' SPLs in the trunk. But what ever setup i decide to go with, im not sure which amp to get either. I never know a good place to look.

just the opposite, you will need more power for two BTL 15's than one BTL 18.

to be honest with you you're gonna need AT LEAST 2000RMS TRUE WATTS for each speaker regardless if it is a 15 or an 18 and that SPL amp is WAY overrated on its power #'s. if you want a system you can be proud of and not be too far in the hole as far as money goes get some BL's or even a Q and then you can use that SPL amp with some 0/1 and some kinetics or powermasters

I got banned for being an ignorant ass....and im a dickhole

i like men, michael jackson and large sausages

and what kind of amp/s are you running?

hifonics gx3000 Goliath for daily and switch out sometimes with my soundstream xxx6500 for comps. Bassrace 139.9 perfect see about a 144 peak on music and at a burp at the windshield it will pull a 147. I know she has more in her but the box its in now is tuned at 34htz peaking at 42 so my box rise is keeping my score down, but i recently bought my second btl and with my teams help this off season we will be walling off my astro.

Picture015-1.jpg

backofvanwithoutseatswithhifions.jpg

Ok, so here is my situation. Im ordering something 2nite regardless of what it is. I guess i will wait and order the BTL later on, ive decided to buy this Amp and use it to push my x2 15' SPLs for the moment. Then when christmas comes around, ill order x1 18' BL, Q, or BTL. My birthday is about 2 weeks after christmas, so if i need a better amp, ill get it then. Do u guys think that MA Audio amp is good? Will it be able to push a 18?

2008 Hummer H3

x1 Sundown Audio 3000D

you wont see near what they rated the power on that, unless you are running 16v, but it is an upgrade from the other amp you put up earlier. Looking at hifonics and autotek, even if its something used, these kinda amps run great on a 12v setup and are pretty reliable. just a thought