Sonic Electronix

So I am building my own 4inch ports for my 4.77 cubic foot box (inside volume). I have 2 4inch ports around 10inches long but I dont know where to start the length and where to end. I assume I start the 10inches where the port will extrude the wood on the inside of the box and will end at the right length and just saw it off. I need to know where The last question is do I put a flare on the end of the tube in the inside or not? Im not sure if on the inside of the box, at the end of the port tube, if I put a flare on it or not. Im guessing I dont...

PS I am running 1 AQ HDC3 15 in a sealed 4.77 ft^3 box (will be ported, just have to finish this build.

Anyways, I cut my ports. Any feedback is welcomed. I sealed the coupler and pipe together. The sub will be off-centered, so I GUESS the ports will go on the same side of the sub, except on the side of the box. BUT I dont know if the side is best, or the top of the box facing the top of the trunk. Any feedback will help

QNZKB.jpg

zF44K.jpg

NjaMR.jpg

Edited by trjohnst

1991 Accord

Audioque HDC3 15" (Copper)<--Sub

Audioque HDC3 15" (Copper)<--Backup Sub

Crescendo BC2000D<--Amp

Big 3

1/0 Knu<--Wiring

Eonon 3.5" DVD<--Headunit

Infinity Kappa Perfect<--Mids & Highs

2nd Stock 80Amp alt.

1991 Mustang 5.0

Too many mods

(Sold)

1991 240sx SR20 Red Top

Too many mods

(Sold)

2004 GTO

Just starting mods

Anybody have any suggestions?

1991 Accord

Crescendo BC2000D<--Amp

Big 3

1/0 Knu<--Wiring

2nd Stock 80Amp alt.

1991 Mustang 5.0

Too many mods

(Sold)

1991 240sx SR20 Red Top

Too many mods

(Sold)

2004 GTO

Just starting mods

I know there is someone in here who can tell me what the proper length would be for a 4.77 cubic foot (in volume) of a sealed box for 2 4inch flared internal ports.

1991 Accord

Crescendo BC2000D<--Amp

Big 3

1/0 Knu<--Wiring

2nd Stock 80Amp alt.

1991 Mustang 5.0

Too many mods

(Sold)

1991 240sx SR20 Red Top

Too many mods

(Sold)

2004 GTO

Just starting mods

http://www.psp-inc.com/tools.html

Here ya go. :drink40:

But what do you plan on tuning it to? My box the ports are half in and half out of the box, no flares. Im working on flaring mine and the flares should be at both ends of each port.

Edited by herbykw

06 300C 5.7 Hemi

K&N CAI

JVC KW-AVX640 6.1" DVD

DC Audio 3.5k

6 DC Audio 8"s

6 cubes 8" aero port at 32hrtz

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183798-chrysler-300c-8-build/?p=2731834#entry2731834

Tuning around 35hz, but I was told to put them on the same side (I guess side or top of box) and close to each other. The calculator you gave me was the one I used to cut my length. So you are saying, I need a flare on the outside (the one that I screw onto the box) and a flare on the inside (where it will be inside the box)?

1991 Accord

Crescendo BC2000D<--Amp

Big 3

1/0 Knu<--Wiring

2nd Stock 80Amp alt.

1991 Mustang 5.0

Too many mods

(Sold)

1991 240sx SR20 Red Top

Too many mods

(Sold)

2004 GTO

Just starting mods

OH, you are asking where on the box to cut the holes for the port? I have played around with ports forward and backward, slots and aeros, I have had the best luck with aero ports forward. I have the ports between the subs, but someone recently told me to move the ports to one side and I should see a gain. I think i will leave them centered. Everyone says flaring the ports inside and out will give you a noticeable gain. I am in the process of making my own flares, and hopefully in the next week or two will know if it does make a difference.

Edited by herbykw

06 300C 5.7 Hemi

K&N CAI

JVC KW-AVX640 6.1" DVD

DC Audio 3.5k

6 DC Audio 8"s

6 cubes 8" aero port at 32hrtz

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183798-chrysler-300c-8-build/?p=2731834#entry2731834

OH, you are asking where on the box to cut the holes for the port? I have played around with ports forward and backward, slots and aeros, I have had the best luck with aero ports forward. I have the ports between the subs, but someone recently told me to move the ports to one side and I should see a gain. I think i will leave them centered. Everyone says flaring the ports inside and out will give you a noticeable gain. I am in the process of making my own flares, and hopefully in the next week or two will know if it does make a difference.

No I was trying to figure out where to cut the port length at. Where to I start measuring the length at? Since the wood is 3/4 inch, do I take that into consideration when I am making the length for the port? Does it need to be 9 inches starting at where the port extrudes the wood?

But also where should I put my ports? Since my sub is off centered, on the left or right, so I put my ports on the side of the box, top, back (facing trunk)????????

1991 Accord

Crescendo BC2000D<--Amp

Big 3

1/0 Knu<--Wiring

2nd Stock 80Amp alt.

1991 Mustang 5.0

Too many mods

(Sold)

1991 240sx SR20 Red Top

Too many mods

(Sold)

2004 GTO

Just starting mods

i would place the ports furtherest away from the sub, if they're too close you'll have unloading issues

Ive been told everything, put them closest to the sub on the same side where the sub will be or put them on the opposite side from the sub. But since the sub is facing the driver, do I put the port on top of the box (facing trunk top) or on the side (facing quarter panel) or facing towards the driver? I tried to buy some flared ports, they were 14$ a piece on amazon plus $5 shipping

1991 Accord

Crescendo BC2000D<--Amp

Big 3

1/0 Knu<--Wiring

2nd Stock 80Amp alt.

1991 Mustang 5.0

Too many mods

(Sold)