Ok so I bought a guage and it read 80lbs so either the guage is effed up or there was wayy too much pressure. So I released it down to 45ish lbs.

Edit gonna see if it works in a few mins, it didn't work yesterday when I tried after I released pressure

Edited by BassJunkie

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

One thing people forget to to do when replacing the compressor is to ALWAYS replace the Receiver Dryer/Accumulator.

Depending whether or not your system is a fixed orifice tube type or a therostatic expansion valve type makes a big difference in the diagnosis.

The only real way to find out what is wrong is to take it to a MACS certified technician and have him hook a set of manifold gauges up to it.

Follow your A/C lines around until you come across a component that looks like a vacuum canister and look to see if it has a sight glass on it.

Look to see if the stuff flowing through it looks gray or bubbly.

Thanks. I replaced all of items you mentioned a year or two ago when I replaced the compressor, even the canister looking thing. It was way over pressurized, I then let pressure out (sorry environment) and it started working again but wasnt cold so I recharged it once again back up to 40ish lbs and it was perfect. I went to autozone to get some parts and it worked all the way there, then on the way home it started doing its bs again.

Pretty sure im just going to take it to the place that vacuumed my car the first time, they only work on radiators and a/c so I figure they should be able to get me all fixed up. :drinks:

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Thanks. I replaced all of items you mentioned a year or two ago when I replaced the compressor, even the canister looking thing. It was way over pressurized, I then let pressure out (sorry environment) and it started working again but wasnt cold so I recharged it once again back up to 40ish lbs and it was perfect. I went to autozone to get some parts and it worked all the way there, then on the way home it started doing its bs again.

Pretty sure im just going to take it to the place that vacuumed my car the first time, they only work on radiators and a/c so I figure they should be able to get me all fixed up. :drinks:

40lbs of pressure, or 40lbs of refrigerant?!?!

LoL

Here's a paper I wrote up for my A/C Class.

Not sure if it will help you, but here it is, nonetheless.

http://www.zshare.net/download/90145857b7071329/

I'm a mechanical nub bigpimpin I have no clue LOL but i am going to take a look at that document :good:

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

it was 40lbs of refrigerant? Idk man i just bought the can with the gauge on it and it was way over what the gauge could read

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

it was 40lbs of refrigerant? Idk man i just bought the can with the gauge on it and it was way over what the gauge could read

It may be overcharged.

Most automotive A/C Systems usually take anywhere from 1.5-3lbs of refrigerant to be full.

The gauge was most likely low side pressure.

What Year, Make and Model?

I'm guessing its lowside, thats where you fill it right?

2000 pontiac sunfire 2.2l non ecotec

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps