Sik Posted May 13, 2011 Report Posted May 13, 2011 Hey guys, been a while since I've posted, but need some advice. In my wires car, (08 Ford Falcon XR6) I've upgraded the standard front speakers to a pair of the current model Rockford 6.5" Power Series components. They sound awesome, but my only grievance is the highs are a little harsh and hissy (Is that a word?). I cheaped out and bought a budget amp. I need to upgrade this, which I will do. The factory source unit is integrated, it also control A/C, climate control etc. So unfortunately this can't be upgraded. I'm running a Rockford 3Sixty.1 as well to convert the signal. I havent done any tuning on the 3Sixty, as I'm not sure how to do it. So I guess my question is, can I reduce the harshness of the tweeters by simply upgrading the amp and tuning the 3Sixty? Thanks Justin
Sik Posted May 20, 2011 Author Report Posted May 20, 2011 Bump. I was contemplating fitting 3 Way components, are these better?
woodzyspl Posted May 20, 2011 Report Posted May 20, 2011 i see your from aus. you could get new head unit if you run a 2nd seperatly (maybe fiberglass new one into dash mount it somehwere) you should be able help it with the 3sixty. amp may help also. AUSTRALIA do i need say more? HU: some crap pionee AMP: dc 9k @ 18v SUB: 4 elevation audio sqx 12" Battery: 2 neuton power 8200d burp setup for fun 152's soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.