Sonic Electronix

2" Round Ports - Where can I get LONG ones?

the fewer number of ports you have usually ends up being a better box in the end

how do round ports match up to rectangle ports? or is there a difference?

you seem wise my good sir!

3d7304fe.jpg

1/0 Power Wire All Around + Big 3 - $140

Rockford Fosgate T2500-1BD - MSRP $1800

(4) Memphis M3 10" Subwoofers 1600watts $300ea. = $1200

XS D6500 $245.65

PIONEER AVH-P5200DVD 7" Head Unit = $430

Soundstream SC-6T Component 6.5" FRONT $60

Pioneer TS-A1673R 6.5" REAR $85

A Bangin system! = PRICELESS!

it's going in the trunk of your car, ricky. it's going to be loud as fuuuuu regardless. i think it's just that the more ports you have the more times there's turbulence around the entrance, but i doubt it will be anything extremely significant

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

it's going in the trunk of your car, ricky. it's going to be loud as fuuuuu regardless. i think it's just that the more ports you have the more times there's turbulence around the entrance, but i doubt it will be anything extremely significant

at first i said "how the fuuuuu do you know my name..." smh then I realized. LOL agreed - The mojos in a ported box are and will be loud as fuu.

3d7304fe.jpg

XS D6500 $245.65

the fewer number of ports you have usually ends up being a better box in the end

how do round ports match up to rectangle ports? or is there a difference?

you seem wise my good sir!

50/50 I've seen aero's gain and I've seen slots gain. I don't think I have really seen anybody test the exact same port as round and square before but I would think it would be same or maybe .01db difference

the more ports you have the more turbulence you get and less loud you are

and they have drain ends that are flat and can be screwed in

explain that statement more, i'm curious to know why that is? :popcorn:

i think i believe it, but just how significant is it?

you want everything to be common if possible. any thing that can restrict airflow or change it's direction all lowers your score

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

well, yes i would agree to it probably lowering your score, but just how significantly was the question

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

i guess my argument here is that if you're not competing and you're not metering it all the time, then to your ears it wouldn't make a whole hell of a lot of audible difference. maybe some, but not a lot.

then again, maybe i'm just trying to save myself from redesigning it too :pardon:

More box builds

I'm with captain stupid.

50/50 I've seen aero's gain and I've seen slots gain. I don't think I have really seen anybody test the exact same port as round and square before but I would think it would be same or maybe .01db difference

i think i believe it, but just how significant is it?

you want everything to be common if possible. any thing that can restrict airflow or change it's direction all lowers your score

Hmm. Well of course smaller # of ports would make the box build significantly easier. But I did get some pretty legit plans from my boy 412 CVX! Unless you guys know of someone who could build one with a rectangle port? the way me and 412 calculate, the tuning according to the sub specs would be impossible... HMM.

3d7304fe.jpg

XS D6500 $245.65

i guess my argument here is that if you're not competing and you're not metering it all the time, then to your ears it wouldn't make a whole hell of a lot of audible difference. maybe some, but not a lot.

then again, maybe i'm just trying to save myself from redesigning it too :pardon:

hhaha, I wont ask you to rebuild it 412 - I think I am going to start the build in the next couple of days with your design!

3d7304fe.jpg

XS D6500 $245.65

actually i just recalculated. maybe a single 5" port per side (total of 2) would be better. about the same tuning and all.

29xiw3m.jpg

More box builds

I'm with captain stupid.