wood working anyone? here is my work!

i like woodwork im not all that talented but im young and would like to see what other people do and are capable of and i would like to catch some tips here and there i mainly wood engrave and cut stuff on the lathe. here some pictures of what i have built and or made

I have cut sanded and polished like 95 pens ( wood and acrylic ) 10 bowls 5 cups 2 plates like 50 cards 10 hearts 20 name plates 15 key chains a few plaques and 10 bats all different styles.

im 17 and this is a small little hobby i do to cool off sometimes i got pictures of houses , sheds , dog house's , onion racks , picnic tables , Adirondack chairs , key chains , shelfs/dressers , and more i could post .

and honestly i have seen pens like these cut engraved and shipped out for like $100 or more its crazy but if anyone is interested ill cut and sell them with engravings for the next 2 weeks for like 15-30 bucks depending on wood style and so on.

a name plate for teacher at my school

2011-05-18134236.jpg

beotble and coco bolo wood for some teachers at my school.

2011-05-19135412.jpg

some stuff i made for my girlfriend

2011-05-22153128.jpg

2011-05-22152909.jpg

2011-05-22152922-1.jpg

2011-05-22152929-1.jpg

2011-05-22152942-1.jpg

2011-05-22152946.jpg

2011-05-22152953-1.jpg

2011-05-22153116.jpg

2011-05-22153100.jpg

2011-05-22153033.jpg

2011-05-22153027.jpg

2011-05-22153015.jpg

Edited by Relyks

the pens i can explain from beginning to the end

wood blanks start off as 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" blanks that we cut to size of the tubes for inside of the pen once cut to size

we get a 7mm drill bit line it up and drill a hole directly in the middle

then we rough up the tubes a little bit with 80 grit sand paper (i believe the tubes are made of brass or many metal melted together i am not sure)

then we glue the tubes in with gorilla instant glue and wait

once that is done we put them on the lathe and have the lathe set at 2750 rpm

get out our chisel set and start cutting away till they are to the style or size we want

(we can do many things to them make lines in them engravings dips and grips)

once we have it set to how we want it we start of with 80 grit and go all the way to 850 grit sand paper and sand them while they spin on the lathe till there super smooth

then we make the pen a little damp let it dry a little (so pours open up and take the polish and wax well)

then we get out some shella polish and spin that around on it while its on the lathe till we like the color and or shine ( both friction polish and wax )

then shella wax on the pen until we like the shines and then it is good to go .

we then pull it off

there are few parts to assembly ( the clip , back, tip, piston, middle ring , and ink cartridge )

we then pen press everything on till it fits in , the piston has to be in just right or the point of the ink cartridge will stick out to far or not far enough making it look sloppy and cheap.

slide the two blanks together and bam you got a 100-300 pen ( mainly lawyers and so buy them i have never sold them this way i sell them cheap for 15- 30 )

when i am done i buff them a little bit with clothe so they feel really sleek and smooth.

i have done name engravings on them by hand and laser.

same thing for the acrylic blanks ( acrylic is like a plastic ) sept we sand it starting at 500grit to 1000grit and use a special wax for the plastic to hold a shine. also we use buffing pads and dip them in water cause the plastic gets hot and tends to crack.

its a fun hobby that keeps me calm and relaxes me i like it. i can probably make any pen in 15 minutes or less. over last three years i have made 300+ for my school to sell at fairs arts and craft shows and more the school sells them for $75 normal guy doing it as a job $150+ ( depending on the wood ) i do it for $30 or so 15 for the kit and 15 for my labor. i go to a career school so of course i get no type of income on the pens they sell. but i still like to do it.

The Heart

also the heart it is pine wood i cut it out on a band saw sanded it drilled a hole then cut the arrow out on a band saw sanded it put the tip of the arrow in boiling water pulled it out after a minutes clamped the tip so it shrunk pushed it through the whole put tip back in water and wood expanded again. magic :good:then i burned it with a torch as wood burn finish lol

The Signs

i cut it wood then mount them to a bottom piece i do all the word engravings with a solder gun with wood burning tips after sanding all the wood and cutting them out to size then wood burn them to give it character.

The Bowl

is a circle piece of wood that you cut a lip on for chuck to hold on one side

and then use a dove head chisel to start cutting in wards till its to your depth and size then sand and polish like a pen. ( wood sizes vary on chucks and chisels )

The cards

i use small box hinges cut out wood then hand engrave the words and laser engrave the pictures sand it and depends on the style of the card for the finish .

Great talent and patients.

07' 6.7 mega cab

H&S mini maxx

DPF/EGR delete

5" TBE

4.5" Fabtech

35" nittio trail grapplers

20" BMF novakane's

Kenwood KIV-700

Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdCP

2-MB Quart 4.80

3-Polk Audio MM6501

ProBox DMC212L-1000 144db @45hz

Viper 5901

jesus man, thats some crazy ass work for being 17! i got my girls birthday coming up, pm me?

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

Holy hell, those are sexy.. Once I see how big my paycheck is this week, i'm for sure gonna hit you up, lol.

thank ya :yahoo:

Great talent and patients.

THANKS VERY MUCH I ENJOY IT !

Yeah man! Cool stuff! I also do some wood working of my own. I make pens, bowls, pipes...Pretty cool stuff!

Pipes .. havent tried that yet i dont smoke but worth a shot ehh? and thank you

jesus man, thats some crazy ass work for being 17! i got my girls birthday coming up, pm me?

I swore it looked like you sold something else besides pens at first glance... :pardon:

like what lol!?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.