Second Skin Audio

Torres' Calculator help...

shogen

I read through a few of the threads on here about the Torres Calculator. I am having an issue creating a ported design on here. I read in one of the threads if you are making a design where the port is on the same plane as the subwoofer you should modify the "# of common port walls" to 3. I am not too sure what the logic was behind it but it has enough of an affect to change about 1-2hz tuning which kind of matters to me.

The subwoofer this is for is a SSA XCON 15".

What I have in Torres' Calculator is as follows:

Setup #1:

(# of Common Port Walls = 0)

H: 16.5"

W: 32"

D: 26"

Port dimensions:

H: 15"

W: 4.5"

D: 38"

Tuning comes out to 32hz...

Setup #2:

(# of Common Port Walls = 3)

H: 16.5"

Port dimensions:

H: 15"

D: 38"

Tuning comes out to 30hz...

Question is which one is correct? Is this even the right sized box for this subwoofer? Kinda lost here... lol

Any and all help appreciated.. :drink40:

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

Bumpity bump.....

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

in this case since the port is 1.5" smaller than the height of the box, put 3 for the common walls. and i got a tuning of 28.8hz and a box size of 4.65

Thank you for that Kranny... I got the same exact without woofer displacement and double baffle as well...

I remeasured because the local guy told me I need to fit 17" or he wouldn't feel comfortable making the enclosure.. Glad he did, makes me feel better about him... lol

Sub displacement: .20ft^3

Baffle displacement: .21ft^3

So current dimensions are:

H: 17"

Port:

H: 15.5"

L: 38"

Tuning is @ 30.11Hz

Total air space: 4.39ft^3

Sound about right?

Archived