Second Skin Audio

box tuning help

stipek

Looking for those with experience with bravada's, perhaps trailblazers and envoys will do since their dimensions are very similar.

I am going to build an spl box. However it cannot be strickly a burp box because the comps I go to are put on by the local audio dealer and meter with music only...no tones.

I saw in the "resonance frequency" post that this vehicles res freq is about 45 hz. Can someone verify that or have any different findings?

The box design itself research has led me to subs up/port back possibly subs up/port side. Any thoughts? Also port will be kerfed in the center of the box.

This setup is for 2 MTX TR7512's. I will be using the manufacturers recommendation of 2.25 cu. ft. per sub.

If the res freq of this vehicle is 45hz, what should the box be tuned to? Likely, is there a rule of thumb for tuning freq in relation to the res freq such as 5-7 hz below the res freq? Just a guess.

I know that the only way to truly know what is the best is to test, test, test, but I would like some opinions from the pros to get me started in the right direction. I not a serious competitor but want to basically get the max I can out of these subs.

Also what would be a fairly safe power upgrade. They are 2 ohm DVC 500 rms and I have a MTX JH600 right now tested at 634 total rms according to the spec sheet. Something that is good for the price like maybe audioque or audiopipe. I don't have a clue what I can send to subs with box rise, etc., blah, blah, and not smoke em.

Rest of the system is pretty much stock. No big 3, stock battery and alt.

Lastly any other tips as far as getting xtra db's from box construction. Bracing, 45's in what corners, etc. I have been reading the "spl gain tips" post by fecupe. That's some pretty good stuff there.

Thanks for the help. I'm sure I'll have some follow-up questions.

Headunit - Sony DSX-200X

Subs - (2) Modified American Bass 18's

Monoamp - DD M4

Front Stage - CDT HD62-AS components with

4 Crescendo PWX 6.5

4 Channel Amp - Hifonics ZRX1000.4

Cadence 0 gauge

Singer 275 amp Alt

D7500 XS Power battery

Quad 1/0 input Toolmaker terminals

SMD OM-1

RGB LEDs

BUILD LOG CURRENT ABOVE SETUP http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191602-2003-bravada-2-18s-ab-dd-xs-singer/

BUILD LOG (2 MTX 7512's)http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1[/size]

I'm no pro I havent een to a competition but I'd say you might want to mess around with the tuning yourself and see which is louder, as with everything else, just try it out and see what is better. Thats what I would do, you could even learn stuff on the way.

Basshead-in-Training

Archived