Second Skin Audio

Little Help/ Advice

i am wondering if anyone knows much about the new kicker comp VT subs, designed to fit in trucks. im a little skepticle because the sub is so shallow and the cone is convex. anyone know if these are good subs, what kinda sound they put out, ported or sealed box? just any info about these subs? thanks

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

they sound good for a shallow sub, not that great compared to normal subs. they are the best ive heard in the shallow mount sub line though. if u can fir a regular sub go that way. i would only use them if that was the only u could fit. ported or sealed. but usually if u need a shallow u dont have room for ported! :)

they sound good for a shallow sub, not that great compared to normal subs. they are the best ive heard in the shallow mount sub line though. if u can fir a regular sub go that way. i would only use them if that was the only u could fit. ported or sealed. but usually if u need a shallow u dont have room for ported! :)

yea im plannin on gettin an 08 chevy silverado 1500 reg cab there wont be much room behind the seats so im thinking this may be my only way to go.... i want to get 2 12''s do u from what u heard do u think the subs hit low and hard?

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

thats gonna depend on enclosure...im sure they will to a point. ive heard them in a few enclosures and wasnt impressed but if thats all u can fit then thats it! i think in your situation u could probably fit a deeper sub but just dont have alot of airspace...if so go with a small enbclosure sub such as eclipse. even their 4000 series get loud and low but they have great sound quality also. usually if u get a little creative with your enclosure u can fit these under the rear seats in most trucks.

thats gonna depend on enclosure...im sure they will to a point. ive heard them in a few enclosures and wasnt impressed but if thats all u can fit then thats it! i think in your situation u could probably fit a deeper sub but just dont have alot of airspace...if so go with a small enbclosure sub such as eclipse. even their 4000 series get loud and low but they have great sound quality also. usually if u get a little creative with your enclosure u can fit these under the rear seats in most trucks.

i wont have any rear seats i am getting a regular cab not extended. so these subs really arent worth it? what are some other subs that are shalow enough to fit in a truck but still give me the bump im used to

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

u should be able to fit the eclipse 4000 back there. i think the mounting depth is only like 4.5 inches and they only need .75 cubes sealed

do those 4000's only come in 10's and if so ... u really think those 2 10s would hit harder than 2 12'' cvts?

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

get the sw4200 they r 12s. funny thing ive found is the kicker ROUNDS get louder but at higher htz. they cant do the lows like the eclipse. the eclipse r totally a sq sub so there not geared toward getting crazy loud or being put in a huge ported enclosure like the kickers, nut even in a .75 cube enclosure the eclipse drop mad low and r tons louder down there! u will need about 1-1.25 cubes for the 12s though.

get the sw4200 they r 12s. funny thing ive found is the kicker ROUNDS get louder but at higher htz. they cant do the lows like the eclipse. the eclipse r totally a sq sub so there not geared toward getting crazy loud or being put in a huge ported enclosure like the kickers, nut even in a .75 cube enclosure the eclipse drop mad low and r tons louder down there! u will need about 1-1.25 cubes for the 12s though.

i def know what ur sayin about the eclipses tho i have a 15'' aluminum series and it gets nasty low. thanks alot for the help one more question.... the sw4200 mount deppth is under 5 inches?

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3