Sonic Electronix

Can anyone explain to me how to test headunit preouts to tell if they are bad. im having an issue where some of my mids and highs are not as loud as the rest. Ive checked impedance, proper wiring, and voltage everything is fine. I took out the hu and experimented with the rcas between the red and white preout. for some reason when i plug in the white preout by itself is not as loud as the red one when i plug it in by itself. and ive listened around the car at some of my tweeters they are not as loud as they are supposed to be. i just need to know how to test preouts and if possible replace them., it was once a 1500 dollar headunit id hate to repplace it

BALANCE & FADER

Headunit - Pioneer AVH-P4250 DVD

4 - infinity reference 6.5

a pair of infinity reference tweeters

1 - AudioQue AQ-120.4 amplifier for mids & highs

1 - AudioQue AQ-2200D Monoblock

1 - AudioQue HDC315

KitAudio kerf ported Enclosure

4 - Stinger pro series signal wires

20ft Stinger 1/0Ga power & Ground wires

Big Three Upgrade

1 - Kinetik HC1800 (Not Here yet . .Still Saving up for one)

Get some alligator clamps for a DMM and clamp the positive one to the pin on the RCA cable and the negative to the ring around the pin. Don't let pin clamp touch the ring and don't let the ring clamp touch the pin, set it on AC Volts then play a tone and turn it up. :good:

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

Get some alligator clamps for a DMM and clamp the positive one to the pin on the RCA cable and the negative to the ring around the pin. Don't let pin clamp touch the ring and don't let the ring clamp touch the pin, set it on AC Volts then play a tone and turn it up. :good:

i appreciate it man. So as far as the headunit goes while im testing it. Do i clamp the male pin on the rca cbale. or the female preout that the rca cable connects to

i appreciate it man. So as far as the headunit goes while im testing it. Do i clamp the male pin on the rca cbale. or the female preout that the rca cable connects to

Connect the male pin I'd do it at the end of the cables where they plug into your amp just to avoid pulling the whole deck and tearing it apart.

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

Archived