Second Skin Audio

Need assistance

Cynicz

Ok I recently within the past week purchased a 2010 Kia Forte. I recently had a buick rendezvous with 2x 15s on a measly 1200 watts but now with my new car and job I plan on upgrading.

I am looking for a 3500 up to 7k watt system.

I cant decide between a fiberglass/plain wood box with 2x 12inch Fi BTL subs, or 2 AQHDC 12s. OR a fiberglass box for just 1 single 12 or 15 inch DDZ sub.

My cousin is going to help build me a fiberglass box for whatever I end up getting.However I had a couple questions, these questions will be based on the 7k watt system.

1. My car has a sunroof, will this be a problem? Someone from a local audio shop said Id need it to be custom welded down or something like that. is that really neccesary?
  2. will a 7K watt system cause any internal damaging or will it just flex my paneling. Like I know over a long period of time my panels will start to loosen up how can I prevent this in the best way possible.
  3. what is the best way possible to build internal support on a fiberglass and/or plain wood box to support the flex from 7k watts?
  4. and what would be the best direction for the subs to be facing, up toward cieling of the trunk, outward away from the main cabin area, or inward toward seating. Mainly based on airflow and sound quality
  5. Can sound deadener be placed inside my door panels and under my carpeting on the ceiling, and still have a clean stock look yet still have the benefits of sound deadener?
  6. whats the sound difference in multiple subs like, what is the difference in say 7k watts with 1 12inch DDZ, or 3 AQHDC 12s, like besides making your competition look stupid when you have 1 12 beating on there 2-3 15inch setup but does 1 setup cause more air flow for like hair tricks, is 1 more quality oriented. Like I was in the rockford soundlab i think it was called and it had 10k watts on 12X 15inch subs and certain hard hitting songs made it a bit harder to breathe, it didnt like completely make me lose my breathe but did make a noticable difference when breathing. Was this due to the cone area or just simply the power behind them. like would say 2 15s on 10k watts produced the same effect?
  7. Generally what is the rule on altenators and batteries. like when buying spare batteries from say kinetik. would 1x "KHC3800, 3800 Watts, 12 Volt" be just enough to handle 3800 watts so foir instance on a 7k system I should grab something like 2x KHC3800 but also 2x KHC2400s + a KHC2000 would suffice since thats 6900 watts + stock battery? and how many or what kind of alternator would be needed to keep up with the voltage draw or whatever from 7k watts.
  8. Are their any HIGH quality LOC that would be decent enough to run on my stock headunit with such a loud system? I just dont want to have to get custom molding to put in a aftermarket headunit then mess up all the blue tooth and steering controls.

Thanks for any input recieved.

good luck trying not to kill aqs with 7k. btls can take it if you know what youre doing but im not sure about aqs. ive never seen anyone try it

if you had more than 2 or 3, maybe. but probably not gonna happen with 2

TEAM DC

Everything is a 150 on th earometer

Well I guess punching a woman is a good way to test your strength! You never know how strong you are until you cold-cock a woman in the head and break that bitches jaw.

Next time she tries to punch you in the stomach, whip your wiener out and chase her around. Show her who's boss.

good luck trying not to kill aqs with 7k. btls can take it if you know what youre doing but im not sure about aqs. ive never seen anyone try it

if you had more than 2 or 3, maybe. but probably not gonna happen with 2

well depending on the subs I end up getting I plan on flexing the wattage :P these questions are just based on a 7k watt system if I go with the AQHDC subs ill prolly shoot for more of the 5k range and run 3 these are just kinda subs that where on my mind and wondering what would be better and in my first post i meant to say

3 - AQHDC 12s in fiberglass or all wood box

2 - Fi BTL 12s in fiberglass or all wood box

1 - Digital Design Z series either 12 or 15 in fiberglass box.

i would do the btls on 7k with a birch or mdf box with a fuck ton of bracing and deadener..

TEAM DC

Well I guess punching a woman is a good way to test your strength! You never know how strong you are until you cold-cock a woman in the head and break that bitches jaw.

Next time she tries to punch you in the stomach, whip your wiener out and chase her around. Show her who's boss.

i would do the btls on 7k with a birch or mdf box with a fuck ton of bracing and deadener..

See this is what I was going for but also liked the fact a DDZ has no rms really and if i want to upgrade all I need is a new amp.

I appreciate your help in the sub count and model aspect, think you could help by answering some of my other questions so I can figure out more of what I want to do.

Also how do you brace a fiberglass box as that is what ill prolly end up going with, or do you just add a shitton of layers of fiberglass

also if I run 2x 12inch FI BTL N3 with 3kwrms rating each 7 thousand watts shouldnt really damage them at all should it since Fi is currently pretty underrated on rms?

we have a guy here doing 157+ on 2 12" aq burping with ss 15k, no wall

this is daily music, I plan on upgrading all regular speakers too but this is just for sub related questions in this thread :P

EDIT: daily music but being extremely loud system for demoing for people

See this is what I was going for but also liked the fact a DDZ has no rms really and if i want to upgrade all I need is a new amp.

I appreciate your help in the sub count and model aspect, think you could help by answering some of my other questions so I can figure out more of what I want to do.

Also how do you brace a fiberglass box as that is what ill prolly end up going with, or do you just add a shitton of layers of fiberglass

also if I run 2x 12inch FI BTL N3 with 3kwrms rating each 7 thousand watts shouldnt really damage them at all should it since Fi is currently pretty underrated on rms?

the n3 seems to be kinda a burp sub but go for it. dc's 4xl spl and level 5 spl are burp subs and people use them daily.

since most fiberglass boxes are way different im not sure how youd brace it but there are alot od people on here you could ask who use fiberglass a lot that could probably give you a few tips

TEAM DC

Archived