Question about btl basket

• 2 weeks later...

Any more info on this? Is it going to affect anything or cause a change? Would u still have the choice of the basket used now or would it be phased out for the new basket?

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

• 1 month later...

I had the "old basket" on my blown woofer which needs to be reconed, ordered the new one which I installed a week and a half ago, thing is going ham and stays way cooler not sure why, I never retuned my amp and its in the same enclosure.

New basket (has only 3 cut outs)

NEW

Old has 12 cut outs I believe.

OLD

Not sure if im allowed to post a link to another forum but the pics are here of the BP option for the BTL if you are interested.

My link

Those aren't the "new" high excursion baskets, that's the 18" 12 spoke that we tooled here in the states that fixed what we did not like about the 12 spoke from China.

No eta on the new big baskets...when they show up is when they are available as always.

ps/fyi the BTL does not have a "bp" option, the only woofer that has a BP option now is the X series sub.

Edited by NDMstang65

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

Those aren't the "new" high excursion baskets, that's the 18" 12 spoke that we tooled here in the states that fixed what we did not like about the 12 spoke from China.

No eta on the new big baskets...when they show up is when they are available as always.

ps/fyi the BTL does not have a "bp" option, the only woofer that has a BP option now is the X series sub.

Oh i see sorry about that.