Sonic Electronix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pV_Sa4mwsc

Here is a video of what it does.. lol.

Edit: lol its weird to hear your own voice... I didnt know i sounded like that ;p Edited by dkahns51

Ive had a problem like this. Take out your head unit and unplug your rca cables. then see if it does that noise when you turn it off. if it doesnt do that noise then it could be that there is a blown fuse inside the head unit. the fuse is not easily fixable but you should try and wrap the rca shields where you plug in the rca cables into in bare speaker wire and ground it to a screw on your head unit it worked for me but my problem was more severe.

Ive had a problem like this. Take out your head unit and unplug your rca cables. then see if it does that noise when you turn it off. if it doesnt do that noise then it could be that there is a blown fuse inside the head unit. the fuse is not easily fixable but you should try and wrap the rca shields where you plug in the rca cables into in bare speaker wire and ground it to a screw on your head unit it worked for me but my problem was more severe.

Secured the ground better so it doesnt wiggle now. Also unplugged subwoofer RCA's and it still did the pop w/o them plugged in.. So you thinking its a blown fuse in the deck now?

if you have a pioneer deck they are infamous for the popping and ground loop bs

wrap your rca shields like this

PioneerFix.jpg

Shit i do have a pioneer.. so i need to strip the RCA's and wrap them around the according rca whole? This could go horribly wrong..

PioneerFix.jpg

Shit i do have a pioneer.. so i need to strip the RCA's and wrap them around the according rca whole? This could go horribly wrong..

whoa dont srip the rcas strip some random speaker wire and do this then plug in the rcas and if it did it with the rcas out it might not be the problem but try this anyways

PioneerFix.jpg

whoa dont srip the rcas strip some random speaker wire and do this then plug in the rcas and if it did it with the rcas out it might not be the problem but try this anyways

Lol yeah i opened up deck and was like.. i dont think i saw the picture right. OK... gotta find myself some speaker wire :) thanks.. will let you know how it turns out in a couple of hours.

Ok, so today i was re carpeting everything, changing my grounds to 0 gauge wire instead of 4 gauge and putting in new 0 guage to make it longer then it was. Anyways My music sounds quieter and i heard a loud pop when i was playing music at my normal level. What was the pop? Also everytime i shut off the car the subs make a big pop before i shut them off. Any ideas?

My ground up front is kinda loose if that could be it.. but i cant tighten it anymore because everytime i screw the bolt in it just turns and doesn't grab any farther.

Any help would be great !

-The grounding locations have been the same spot for 3 years never any problems.

-I have both batteries grounded at different locations though.

this happened to me once. My problem was that i had loud engine noise followed by big pop at the end when stereo turned off. My problem was my stereo RCA outputs. I replaced my head unit and the problem was fixed, $187 dls later.

PioneerFix.jpg

Lol yeah i opened up deck and was like.. i dont think i saw the picture right. OK... gotta find myself some speaker wire :) thanks.. will let you know how it turns out in a couple of hours.

Ok this didnt work for me.. still pops when i turn everything off. Anyone have any more suggestions? I'm angry.... lol

Edited by dkahns51

Ok this didnt work for me.. still pops when i turn everything off. Anyone have any more suggestions? I'm angry.... lol

sorry man i tried :shrug: . thats all ive had experience with. hope your problem gets resolved :good: