Sonic Electronix

Ok, so today i was re carpeting everything, changing my grounds to 0 gauge wire instead of 4 gauge and putting in new 0 guage to make it longer then it was. Anyways My music sounds quieter and i heard a loud pop when i was playing music at my normal level. What was the pop? Also everytime i shut off the car the subs make a big pop before i shut them off. Any ideas?

My ground up front is kinda loose if that could be it.. but i cant tighten it anymore because everytime i screw the bolt in it just turns and doesn't grab any farther.

Any help would be great !

-The grounding locations have been the same spot for 3 years never any problems.

-I have both batteries grounded at different locations though.

Edited by dkahns51

I had the same problem awhile back iirc it was the ground going to the amp but its been awhile change ur grounds

Change the ground wire in general? I just bought these wires from someone hopefully there should be no problem with them.

Find a different place to ground the amplifier, see if it solves the issue.

Amplifier is not grounded. The back battery is grounded to the frame of the car, and the front battery is grounded to the metal in the engine.

If i do ground it to another spot up front (which i think is the problem.. do i have to unhook all batteries before grounding it? Or will it shock me if i dont.. lol.

try running ground from front battery straight to the back one

I have a run of positive and negative going to the back battery. Both are grounded but in separate places. Gonna try regrounding the front one somewhere...

It is most likely an issue with your grounding location.

Could be, but it has been in this location for 3 years w/o any problems.. only thing that changed was i use 0 gauge now instead of 4 gauge.