Sonic Electronix

ya i agree with evry1 else at this point. try another amp from a friend or sumthin just to test. use all your connections going to your amp and hook them to the loaner amp. if the subs work then u no your amp is fuct

How do i use my DMM to check volts going into amp? and also output of amp when there is no music? I just got the DMM so i dont know how to use it lol.

Set it on 20

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets

2000 Slamry

Just to throw more ideas atcha

-check/tighten your fuse holder, also try replacing it. Looks like you may have a real lack of current going to your amp. Test the voltage going to your amp while trying to play it, should be steady 12-15v for as little output as I see in the vid.

-Turn your system on, and measure the output of the amp with nothing playing. If it's not 0.00 then your amp is toast. This is called DC Offset.

Hopefully your amp is still under warranty. Good luck, dude.

Ok voltage going to amp while playing is 14.7 constantly. so thats good

I just set the meter to V- 200m and its at 0.00 right now on AUX channel with no volume up so i think that is what i was suspose to do. Also the DMM is on the DC side and negative in same spot. I hope im doing this right. So with that said.. what now power wire check?

-check/tighten your fuse holder, also try replacing it. Looks like you may have a real lack of current going to your amp. Test the voltage going to your amp while trying to play it, should be steady 12-15v for as little output as I see in the vid.

-Turn your system on, and measure the output of the amp with nothing playing. If it's not 0.00 then your amp is toast. This is called DC Offset.

I just set the meter to V- 200m and its at 0.00 right now on AUX channel with no volume up so i think that is what i was suspose to do. Also the DMM is on the DC side and negative in same spot. I hope im doing this right. So with that said.. what now power wire check?

No I meant check the voltage on the + and - going to your sub. Should be pretty close to 0.00 (may have .02 or .04 volts and be ok) If it's way off like 2 or 4 volts check the amp.

also plug in a iPod or somethign directly to the amp with a 3.5mm to RCA cable. See if you're getting the same bad signal. It's completely possible you crushed your RCAs and grounded them out when you replaced the power cable.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

No I meant check the voltage on the + and - going to your sub. Should be pretty close to 0.00 (may have .02 or .04 volts and be ok) If it's way off like 2 or 4 volts check the amp.

also plug in a iPod or somethign directly to the amp with a 3.5mm to RCA cable. See if you're getting the same bad signal. It's completely possible you crushed your RCAs and grounded them out when you replaced the power cable.

To late.. i just plugged the DMM into my amp again but with red in the V(ohm)mA slot.. and my amp popped about 5 times and now there is alot of smoke coming out of it. So yeah amp is bad now.. it was good. fuck my fucking life. FUCKKKKKKKK

Education gained through replacement hardware =) Happens(d) to all of us. Step away from it, shop for a new amp and play. That's what it's about :buttlick:

1998 S10

(Custom din.5 frame)

SONY H/U - 1 Din

Memphis EQ - .5 Din

Cerwin Vega Stealth Amp 220.1 (Dash Plates)

Cerwin Vega Stealth Amp 220.1 (Door components)

Cerwin Vega Stealth Amp 500.1 (SVC 4OHM tied at 2OHM to monoblock)

2 10 Inch Polk Competition Subs

2 4/6 Plates

2 6.5 Components

Stock Alternator

Education gained through replacement hardware =) Happens(d) to all of us. Step away from it, shop for a new amp and play. That's what it's about :buttlick:

$900 mistake.. and the bad part is. if i get a new amp.. i will most likely still have the same fucking burp problem and lack of sound problem.

Sounds like a test of another amp, and it won't cost 900 to repair that amp.

1998 S10

(Custom din.5 frame)

SONY H/U - 1 Din

Memphis EQ - .5 Din

Cerwin Vega Stealth Amp 220.1 (Dash Plates)

Cerwin Vega Stealth Amp 220.1 (Door components)

Cerwin Vega Stealth Amp 500.1 (SVC 4OHM tied at 2OHM to monoblock)

2 10 Inch Polk Competition Subs

2 4/6 Plates

2 6.5 Components

Stock Alternator

To late.. i just plugged the DMM into my amp again but with red in the V(ohm)mA slot.. and my amp popped about 5 times and now there is alot of smoke coming out of it. So yeah amp is bad now.. it was good. fuck my fucking life. FUCKKKKKKKK

Dude, calm down. It's just a fucking amp. Probably not even your fault. Send it back for warranty and see what they say. I don't know what you could've done to toast it, but just act stupid if they ask questions. Worst they will say is it'll cost $xxx to fix.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.