Sundown Audio

RCA's and Multiple amps

oooook i see now, so the only thing that the 2 amps share is a signal wires. rca's in one, then out from the single pole to the input on the 2nd. then just hook the individual speakers to the individual amps as normal.

and ill only have to split the RCAs once to run to the 2nd bank of amps.

i get it now.

dont i?

im new to the whole multiple amp thing so this was a great lesson! :drinks:

Rear

(6) 12" Digital Design 1500

Lightning Audio LA3000MD 3000watt Amp

3 Optima red-top

Front Doors

Kicker SSMB8 8" mid bass

Kicker RS56.2 5-1/4" Component

Powered by:

Rockford Fosgate Power P400.2

My New Build!

almost. wiring is slightly different.

i cant think of how to explain the wiring. if i had a pic i could show you it would make more sense.

its almost like running the amps in series, but its not in series. its late over here so im probably confusing everyone reading this lol.

but you are correct on the RCA part. youll split it once for each side that way you have all 4 amps with each pair having the same signal.

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

your going to want to run each as a pair. you have it set up so all four amps are in the same line

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

Positive speaker output terminal on one amp goes to positive terminal of a subwoofer. Positive speaker output terminal on the other amp connects to the negative terminal of the subwoofer.

Negative output terminals of the two amplifiers are linked to each other.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Positive speaker output terminal on one amp goes to positive terminal of a subwoofer. Positive speaker output terminal on the other amp connects to the negative terminal of the subwoofer.

Negative output terminals of the two amplifiers are linked to each other.

thank you. ive done it like twice and couldnt remember exactly how its done