Sonic Electronix

on one of my coils i ended up having the leads to tight i really thought they were right but i guess not good thing my terminals failed before the leads so its not broken at the cone just a ways after. i have it fixed and its been holding but now i have pretty bad lead slap. so my plan is to order a foot of lead wire from fixmyspeaker and completly re wire the lead. take my dustcap off take the glue off where the lead conects to the coil.and re solder and re wire up the sub. i only need to do this to one of the leads on a d4 se.

my question is how should i go about removing the glue where the lead meats the coil. and what glue should i use to reglue

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

i was planning to use ca glue. another thing i was thinking i could do is eleminate the other sides leads all together wire undernieth the dust cap from each coil to make it assentially a 2ohm coil cause it would only be able to be wired up as 2 ohms but would still have 2 coils if that makes sence

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

i think these all sound like horrible ideas. taking the dust cap off will likely damage the cone. breaking the big pool of CA clue will probably damage the cone or the former. soldering something thats covered in CA glue will be damn hard. wiring the coils together, you better not wire them together under the dust cap or you will probably burn up tinsels.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

i think these all sound like horrible ideas. taking the dust cap off will likely damage the cone. breaking the big pool of CA clue will probably damage the cone or the former. soldering something thats covered in CA glue will be damn hard. wiring the coils together, you better not wire them together under the dust cap or you will probably burn up tinsels.

idk i have it kinda ghetto fixed and it seems to be holding but id rather fix it right. the dust cap would come off rather easy its only on there with ca super glue these shits really thin and clear

is it ca or super glue? in any case. you ghetto fixed the sub during the recone so why not ghetto rig it some more. is that what you are saying?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

its ca glue but its not the black thick kind. this stuff cant be used for foam and is rather thin. and dries super fast. and i was saying i have the lead already ghetto fixed by soldering the lead over the broken end so it over laps a lil then i have a heat shrink over that. good thing i never cut the excess lead i had. then free aired it on a 17hz test to see if the leads would slap they didnt and they held rather well havnt had a problem since. but for piece of mind is still like to put in new leads.

Archived