Why do you have computer fans on the ports? I can almost guarantee those won't help at all. Where are they going to pull air from? Unless you have a hole cut out in the chamber, which I wouldn't suggest you doing, the fans are just pulling air from around the sides of them. The subs should cool themselves when moving. If they are getting hot, then you are stressing them too much or something is wired wrong. With that being said, I'm not a huge fan of Rockford products. Yeah, it's always fun putting in a system into a car, but I don't think this really qualifies for SOTM. Not only that, but you've said that you won't go work on it at night with all of the bugs... so why are you putting this up for SOTM if it will be more like a 3 month project? My overall main concern is that power wire in the door jam. It will pinch the wire everytime you close that door and eventually wear through the jacket of the wire. Unless you like electrical fires and your car going up in flames, I would fix that asap. And I don't think your insurance would cover the cost of your car if you do a faulty wiring job of aftermarket electronics. Also for the garbage problem by the amps, most of that stuff shouldn't be vacuumed up. It should just be picked up by hand and thrown in the garbage. It would probably take 2 minutes and you could do it at a gas station or something before/after work. If you think it's too nasty or something to pick up by hand, then use paper towels or gloves or whatever... shouldn't be too hard.

I think you have more bumps than posts in this whole thread. If people want to comment on it, then they will. No need to beg for feedback! If you want to win SOTM, then you have to put in a good amount of effort and make everything look really nice. With all of that being said, I hope you only take this as constructive criticism and not flaming. Best of luck to you with your car setup, MuRKRoW

Sound Solutions Audio ZCON 18

Crescendo Audio BC3500D

JVC KD-R80BT headunit

Alpine/Pioneer mids & highs

4 group 34 agm batteries

Knukonceptz 3x0ga. terminals

Kicker/XS Power 0ga. wiring

Why do you have computer fans on the ports? I can almost guarantee those won't help at all. Where are they going to pull air from? Unless you have a hole cut out in the chamber, which I wouldn't suggest you doing, the fans are just pulling air from around the sides of them. The subs should cool themselves when moving. If they are getting hot, then you are stressing them too much or something is wired wrong. With that being said, I'm not a huge fan of Rockford products. Yeah, it's always fun putting in a system into a car, but I don't think this really qualifies for SOTM. Not only that, but you've said that you won't go work on it at night with all of the bugs... so why are you putting this up for SOTM if it will be more like a 3 month project? My overall main concern is that power wire in the door jam. It will pinch the wire everytime you close that door and eventually wear through the jacket of the wire. Unless you like electrical fires and your car going up in flames, I would fix that asap. And I don't think your insurance would cover the cost of your car if you do a faulty wiring job of aftermarket electronics. Also for the garbage problem by the amps, most of that stuff shouldn't be vacuumed up. It should just be picked up by hand and thrown in the garbage. It would probably take 2 minutes and you could do it at a gas station or something before/after work. If you think it's too nasty or something to pick up by hand, then use paper towels or gloves or whatever... shouldn't be too hard.

I think you have more bumps than posts in this whole thread. If people want to comment on it, then they will. No need to beg for feedback! If you want to win SOTM, then you have to put in a good amount of effort and make everything look really nice. With all of that being said, I hope you only take this as constructive criticism and not flaming. Best of luck to you with your car setup, MuRKRoW

the main purpose of me mounting the fans there was to assist my amps to stay cool cooling he box or subs was a joke as of right now i am trying to find a local place that sells grommets for my power wire and then it will be ran through the firewall or maybe i will just run it under the car and it will be all secured i am not trying to beg for comments just trying to get honest opinions from fellow members and yes i do take your comment as constuctive critisism thats all i ask for

well as of a couple days ago i re-ran my power wire from through the door jam and fender to along the inner fender well and along my brake lines to the back where i drilled a hole through the spare tire well and mounted my capacitor under the carpet in there also so everything up until the holes in the carpet that has eny electrical capacity is hidden some wkere in there lol

Archived