Sonic Electronix

ok Now I have a few questions for you guys..... Is it possible for a subwoofer to mess up an amp? I was told that one of my subs that I currently have was linked in my sysetem and burned out my old amp... Yes this was at one of those shops long ago. I had a Cruch 1600watt amp..... With my Audio Bahn AW1200Q here is the link http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_131_Audiobahn-AW1200Q-12-High-Excursion-AW-1200Q.html and Planet Audio RX2.200 here is the link http://www.amazon.com/Planet-Audio-RX2-200-amplifier-400Watts/dp/B0038OBAE0/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1307746152&sr=1-1 Whats the proper wiring if the Sub? This is what Im thinking..... My subs play now I mean they dont hit like they should but I can get sound out of em.... I thaught about just getting new speakers running and running the same amp until I could invest in a better amp.(Instead of getting rid of my whole system at once and getting 10s.) Im still torn between the two....

Edited by Nipsy06

ok Now I have a few questions for you guys..... What!!!! :peepwall:

Is it possible for a subwoofer to mess up an amp? Depending Yes Due to blown woofer giving off an unusual OHM Reading on the coil leading to different nominal impedance on the amplifier ALL IN ALL DONT RUN BLOWN SUBS :pardon:

I was told that one of my subs that I currently have was linked in my sysetem and burned out my old amp... Yes this was at one of those shops long ago. Dependent on Sub... If it was blown or the idiots ran it lower than the ohm stability rating on the amp which i am assuming

I had a Cruch 1600watt amp..... Sell on ebay or craigslist :pardon:

With my Audio Bahn AW1200Q here is the link http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_131_Audiobahn-AW1200Q-12-High-Excursion-AW-1200Q.html Wouldnt trust that thing on 700 watts rms :pardon: way lower

Planet Audio RX2.200 here is the link http://www.amazon.com/Planet-Audio-RX2-200-amplifier-400Watts/dp/B0038OBAE0/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1307746152&sr=1-1 I dont personally like Planet Audio...IMO :pardon:

Whats the proper wiring if the Sub? HOW MANY SUBS DO YOU HAVE??? This will depend if you have 1 or 2... IF you have Dual 4 ohm (which you have) ONE SUB. Throw away amp and get a mono amp that is stable at two ohms BECAUSE the planet audio is not stable at 2 ohm.. that is reliable.. If you have two Dual 4 ohm subs... You can get either 1 ohm or 4 ohm..

This is what Im thinking..... My subs play now I mean they dont hit like they should but I can get sound out of em.... This is what i am infering you have two dual 4 ohm subs.. Wired at 4 ohms in parallel/series. and they are bridged to your PLANET AUDIO 200.2 at 4 ohms... GIVING YOU APROX.. 100 watts per woofer.. thats probably why they aint hitting to your standards.

I thaught about just getting new speakers running and running the same amp until I could invest in a better amp.(Instead of getting rid of my whole system at once and getting 10s.) Im still torn between the two.... :No: :No: :No:SAVE AND SAVE and get everything at once. I will help pick out a system and what you will need within your budget. once you get the money... Please dont buy nice speakers and put it on that shit amp... WAIT AND DO BOTH or ALL AT THE SAME TIME.. It will be WELL WORTH IT...

I just got a new job in the last day so i was working all day. Since im only 16. I need money and i will help as soon as i can get to a computer.

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

Ok I wont put them on the POO POO Amp!!!!LOL Im Desperate!!!! I WANT BASS NOW!!!!! I guess Im gonna just start saving and sell the system I have now. Thanks for your help man. I understand ur job situation I just got off yesterday and flew home to start reading this material. Thanks for ur help bro really I do appreciate it.

Ok I wont put them on the POO POO Amp!!!!LOL Im Desperate!!!! I WANT BASS NOW!!!!! I guess Im gonna just start saving and sell the system I have now. Thanks for your help man. I understand ur job situation I just got off yesterday and flew home to start reading this material. Thanks for ur help bro really I do appreciate it.

Your welcome. Better to save for products do it right and last for many years.. THAN it break every other month :good:

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE