Second Skin Audio

Orion HCCA 12.2?

TheNewbie

Actually I think Crunch comes from the same makers of Hifonics.

My friend had one 12.2 HCCA with 1 Hifonics Brutus Brz2400.1D amplifier, with a stock alternator and an extra Optima battery in the trunk, and it hit pretty hard.

1994 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Pioneer AVH-P5200BT

Hertz Mille MLK-165 Component System

Hertz Hi Energy HCX-165, 6.5

Hertz Hi Energy HCX-690 (6x9s)

Audison Voce AV K6 Component System

Audison VRX 4.300

Audison VRX 2.250

Sundown 4500D

SMD 15"

XS Power D3400 (under hood) Three XS Power D3100 (trunk)

Monster XLN-201 RCAs

DC Power Engineering 390XP H/O Alternator

Yes, they're a decent SPL sub, but i also think theres alot better out there for the price.

The HCCA is well beyond "descent." It's the best mainstream SPL sub on the market. And if you shop around, you can probably find the 2006 modal, which is the same exact thing as the current 2010 modal, for about $300; maybe even $250. For the power these things can handle, those prices are hard to beat.

The only problem I had with the HCCAs is that they really don't like over 2500 rms. So that Audioque 2200 would be optimal.

Well im glad you cleared that up, once he said decent i was like awh crap, haha. Guess i shouldn't let one opinion influence me to much. But i think that would be the setup i'd go with then. I'll look up the pricing on that amp right now, should i go with the hifonics, or the audioque 2200, i hear hifonics is cheap for the wattage they put out. Also i don't think i'll be pushing it past 2500watts anyways haha. 750Rms was decent for me, in the small area givin, 2000watts should be a monster.

Check out my build log:

http://www.stevemead...60#entry1958353

Different folks have different strokes.

Yes, they're a decent SPL sub, but i also think theres alot better out there for the price.

The HCCA is well beyond "descent." It's the best mainstream SPL sub on the market. And if you shop around, you can probably find the 2006 modal, which is the same exact thing as the current 2010 modal, for about $300; maybe even $250. For the power these things can handle, those prices are hard to beat.

The only problem I had with the HCCAs is that they really don't like over 2500 rms. So that Audioque 2200 would be optimal.

um I would put it well below decent, and a solo x will fuck it up the ass with no lube

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

Which Crunch 2000.1 do you have? GPV, PZA, P1, CR..? Those amps look to be class A/B, which are more musical than powerful.

I think the Hifonics 2400 would be fine for a beginner.

Pioneer AVH-P5200BT

Audison VRX 4.300

Audison VRX 2.250

Sundown 4500D

SMD 15"

Monster XLN-201 RCAs

Alright sounds good man thanks so much, and i got the GPV. Looks like i better get to work :D 400 for sub, 100 for box (im making it). no idea how much a battery is. Plus a cap, and a amp :D should have enough in a week and a half XD

Check out my build log:

um I would put it well below decent, and a solo x will fuck it up the ass with no lube

Korey, have you had, or heard the Orion?

Check out my build log:

What was your set-up for these drivers?

Pioneer AVH-P5200BT

Audison VRX 4.300

Audison VRX 2.250

Sundown 4500D

SMD 15"

Monster XLN-201 RCAs

Alright sounds good man thanks so much, and i got the GPV. Looks like i better get to work :D 400 for sub, 100 for box (im making it). no idea how much a battery is. Plus a cap, and a amp :D should have enough in a week and a half XD

You can get Kinetik battery. An HC1800 or an HC2000 would be cool. Some might suggest an XS Power battery (D3400) but I wouldn't for you since XS Power batteries require charging for optimum performance, but the Kinetik does not.

You don't need a capacitor.

Pioneer AVH-P5200BT

Audison VRX 4.300

Audison VRX 2.250

Sundown 4500D

SMD 15"

Monster XLN-201 RCAs

Thanks again man, appreciate it, also, the solox can't take as much of a beating as the Orion can. They tested it :) The Solox gave out around 3200w i think it was. Youtube it :) Orion HCCA vs Kicker SoloX

Check out my build log:

You can get Kinetik battery. An HC1800 or an HC2000 would be cool. Some might suggest an XS Power battery (D3400) but I wouldn't for you since XS Power batteries require charging for optimum performance, but the Kinetik does not.

You don't need a capacitor.

Oh sweet, always somethin to learn, today i learned a ton haha. I'll look into all this stuff, and write it down. I appreciate it. You've been a big help man, i tried to give youa rep haha said i used all mine or something :P

Check out my build log:

Archived