The DC audio lvl 5s Civic Build

Set off a couple car alarms at the mall yesterday...made me lol. Have to secure the box a little more and find out how or where I can fit the highs amp. Once I do the false floor is getting carpeted. The eq should be here today iirc which should help going from one volt outs to 6-7. Just have to find out how I want to mount it. Should be dropping the cash on the HU by Thursday, then headed to the river for a float trip this weekend. Gonna see if we can go through more than the 200+ beers we did last time.

Oh and should get to deadening the trunk lid today as well ad my rear license plate, as it does not like this 12 at all. Still havent checked my voltage drop either...voltage meter will be a purchase very soon as well.

Btw...yeah..just put my box dimensions back in torres and lets just say it hitting around 28 hz as strong as it is, im happy. I had to shrink the port when I made the box because I changed the design but forgot to shrink the port to compensate for the box not being as wide. Lets just say its tuned to about 37 hz and is more like 2.5-2.6 CF...

:Doh::rofl:

"tex mex" style?! hahaha never heard that one before

that sucks about the Fedex situation, at the end of the day you got the subs so it was all worth it

that sub HAS A FAT ASS god damn lol 73lbs 12? that nuts

like mentioned id put the highs amp to the right of the box/where the xovers are

i like it over all, i bet it will get way better once its sealed off completely

keep it up and have fun on your trip :drinks:

Thanks man...about to pay for the second one and be sealing her off. Headunit coming soon and a few other goodies. As for the highs amp, it's too pong to fit there, so I'm gonna go ahead and make an amp rack on the back seats I think. Fancier then just throwing it in there.

Little update...just got in a bunch of 14g speaker wire, stinger voltmeter, and a bunch of remote wire. Had to go to work so I will try to install the voltmeter soon.

My dilemma now is deciding between starting to pay for another lvl 5 12" or to start paying off recone+ 3 lvl 5 15"s. I'll sve $200 not having to recone a second 12z. Just not sure if I want to wall off right this second. Funds are slowing down because I'm looking at new apartments right now, but hopefully this build will get serious soon. Any suggestions on what suade I should order for headliner/doors/etc.?

May have a new amp otw soon btw...need to order an alt soon too. :pardon:

I'll try to get a video sometime tomorrow maybe.

• 3 weeks later...

This build log has too much talking and not enough pics/updates...hopefully I can change that for you guys. New front stage soon hopefully, and a bunch of plans in the works, just not enough funds to make it a reality just yet. That may be changing soon with a new job and all. Moving in the next couple months so a lot of my money is being saved to pay for that and try and pay down some debt.

Bunch of stuff will be on the way soon...now to decide on interior work...will be dying the carpet/mats black and eventually the doors and dash too...trying to pick some suede for the headliner although I'm considering some patterns too. Thought about the confederate flag to be different, never seen that in a civic! :P

Anyways, stay tuned and I should have updates and pics/vids. :wub:

• 1 month later...

Well got some updates...cars torn-a-fucking-part right now. As some of you know I got this baby installed:

df991d51.jpg

Well, the second day after installation, my sub suddenly stopped playing after hitting a bump, and the sub frequencies were suddenly going through my speakers. Well after some fucking around I figured out it was the amp. The amp had a weak/'broken' RCA in that had been de-sodered or something and was kind of loose. I figured the bump knocked it loose enough that the amp wasnt getting a signal, so I impulse bought and it just arrived today:

7063dc02.jpg

Heres the issue:

Got it all plugged in just to make sure all worked right. Its hooked up with 4 guage wire on a 150A fuse just to see if the damn thing would play. Plug it all up and all I get is the sub barely moving. :orly3: :orly3: :orly3: So I say fuck it, I hook up the Rear RCA outs from the alpine to the AQ and walla, I have sound through both the sub and a spare 6.5 I had laying around to plug it up. Needless to say im kind of fucking pissed that I blew money on a new amp when now I need a headunit since this one lasted two fucking days. ./rant I was so close to throwing something through my windshield im not shitting you. I about tore it all out and left it on the curb for someone to pickup. Without bass for a month and a half because I 'find out' its the old amp when in fact, its the headunit. So ima go drink a little jack and try to cool down and maybe think this through. My cars in pieces, ive had 4 hours of sleep in the last 50+ hours, and I just want things to just randomly work out for once. :cray:

P.S. As for the rockford, I think I fucked with it after I though it was blown so much it really did break. lol I tested it with my 3.5mm plug to RCAs and got nothing. Just tested the AQ the same way and its golden. So now I need ANOTHER fucking 9887 alpine because I dont want to resoder a new plug on and the 9887 was my first choice. Also for all those thinking the CD deck wiring might be fucked up, I checked that probably 5 times. I checked the in line fuse for the alpine too and its fine. Havent tried grounding the RCAs, because if it doesnt work I may break something I regret.

:madsign: :madsign: :madsign: :madsign: :madsign: :madsign: :madsign: :madsign: :madsign: :madsign: :madsign: :madsign: :madsign: :madsign: :madsign:

Archived