The DC audio lvl 5s Civic Build

So I get a call last night about a set of wheels. As you saw in the front suspension pic and a little in the new tint pic, I had stock steelies on her. Long story short I got these set of wheels for a straight trade for my steelies. Only problem is the tires are mismatched, ill fix that later at some point im sure. The wheels are 16" Kazeras and dont look too bad for free imo. :pardon:

11%2525204%25253A22%25253A13%252520PM.jpg

In the pic you can also see how high the rear suspension sits...that should be fixed tomorrow. I work graveyard shift tonight and am off Wednesday and Thursday, so I should be able to get some more work done. On the to do list is:

Rear suspension.

Getting new ring terms to run power wire for amps.

Running speaker wire for mids. (I think im just going to drill into the stock molex connectors. If I fuck power locks or windows up doing this ill just remove the molex connectors and splice all the wiring together. :shrug)

Washing/Waxing the car.

Once I get all the wiring done and pick a sub(s), there will be a beauty panel put over all the wiring in the trunk probably, and everything will get prettied up. My next focus on the car and not audio is:

Painting rear bumper, side mirrors, and sideskirts to match the car.

Front lip and headlights with HIDs, eventually adding the fog lights mostly for looks. :pardon:

Exhaust. (which is the pain in the ass because I have to replace the whole config including the header :/)

Steering wheel.

Seats, etc. etc.

nice progress man!

as for the 1 sub vs 2, i personally like subs in pairs.. Its like a chick, two boobs are better than one lol! :drink40: but its really your personal preference...

keep it up! :good:

Well I'm needing to build in the trunk first...so 2 12s or 1 15". Another reason is multi 15s will be in a later build in this civic...so I'd rather not have to recone two subs to 15s to get to the number...or maybe I could change it to 6 or 8 12s...:peepwall:

looking good man, always been a fan of the civics.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

nice build keep up the good work , were u from in Missouri ?

In cape girardeau, about an hour and a half south of St. Louis, and thanks. If my tools were a little better my cuts would be straighter, but oh well. :peepwall:

nice im in Springfield , naw i did everything with circular say just drew my lines then made a guide with another piece of wood but looks good so far i like the amp rack its very clean

2 12ks and i dont know what to do

build in the works!

Little update...so nothing ever goes right when I start a project. :lol:

First I decide ill wire the doors but to do that I need to drill holes in the plastic molex connectors which I havent done yet. I decide to try and take off the front fender and couldnt get the wheel well clips off, so decided to put it back together and I would just fuck with running wires later. Decided to run power to the amp, so I ran the power and neg wires, hooked up the remote and both the xovers. For shits and grins I hook up the hertz mids to the xovers to see how they sound. Turn the car on and: No sound. :woot: Ends up I think my RCAs came undone behind my radio.

The way the last owner had the radio hooked up, is he had them wire the current radio to the stock radio connector with the stock radio hidden up behind the dash. Reasoning: stock keyless entry runs through the stock CD player. So I have a FUCKTON of wires all over the place back there with a big CD player in the way, and I guess it got shoved around when I put everything back together and now the RCAs are unplugged, and I need to remove half the dash to get to it. Im considering just taking it to a shop and having them cut all the wires out and wire the CD player right because im fed up with this bullshit. :nea: Oh and last bit of good news: the hertz mids dont fit in my stock door locations, so I need to either fiberglass my panels or cut the fuck out of them. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SOOOOOO, the 'good' news I guess. I while back a buddy gave me a fuckton of OLDSCHOOL gear and wiring, just a bunch of random stuff that he didnt have room for anymore. So I took it and shoved it in the closet. Well I found it the other night digging through my closet and found an oldschool graphic equalizer. Its a pioneer EQ700. The guy wasnt sure if it worked or what, but he didnt need it. I decided to go ahead and plug it up to the battery, and sure enough it works! Only problem with it is only half the buttons light up. Im not sure about these things, so if anyone is knowledgable about these speak up on how to fuck with them, as I havent found a bunch of information about them online, but thought it was kind of cool. I might throw it in the car seeing as I dont have an EQ, that is if someone says it would be worth it. Heres some pics:

11%25252011%25253A23%25253A13%252520PM.jpg

11%25252011%25253A23%25253A51%252520PM.jpg

And heres the zuki powered up with no signal from the damn RCAs. :noob:

11%25252011%25253A24%25253A10%252520PM.jpg

Updates, got the RCAs working! Long story, but she works now. Last thing I need to do is run the wires to doors for mids. I will soon be ordering another set of HSKs and when they get here, im going to attempt fiberglassing my doors and a pillars! This will be my first attempt at glassing, but theres always a first time right? If all goes fine and looks good...I may try my hand in fabbing a bracket for a double din and eventually a carputer. :peepwall:

Last order of business is deciding one 15 vs two 12s...once I decide the order will be going out very soon after. Im keeping the brand secret until they get inside and there will be plenty of vids. Maybe if I get some bass people will look at the build. :ninja:

Archived