2001 Saturn Sc2-Rockford Build w/ Full Range 8" Rears!

good looking build man. what kit did you use to light up the interior?

Thanks!!!

Lol...ahhh, the interior glow. Honestly, I grabbed some LED strips and cut them to length (they had cut points on them) and mounted them to some backstrap. Mounted the backstrap where I wanted the glow to come from and then ran the wire to a switch I mounted.

But, LEDGlow.com had some interior light kits and I have used one of those before on a friends car.

Oh ok cool. I've been wanting to get some green ones for my car

Just looked through your build! I'm jealous of all that brand spankin new RF equipment! Haha I never thought of the flex being an issue for those speakers. I'm glad the P1 series from 2010 wasn't attached from the side like that. I get some serious flex back there too.

Thanks man! The new stuff is pretty awesome. They raised the RMS on everything and made the cone deeper.

I never thought the flexing would be an issue either, and Rockford said supposedly Im the only person they know of to brake those speakers. But, thats why Ive got the 8s to put in there....should fix the issue. I just like the T1 style better because its more of a "component style" speaker without the crossover or tweeter to mount.

What software did you use to find your EQ curve on your box?

I don't remember what software it was, but I can talk to my uncle who has it on his computer and find out. I think it's kinda old.

It would be awesome if you could find that out for me man!

good looking build man. what kit did you use to light up the interior?

Thanks!!!

Lol...ahhh, the interior glow. Honestly, I grabbed some LED strips and cut them to length (they had cut points on them) and mounted them to some backstrap. Mounted the backstrap where I wanted the glow to come from and then ran the wire to a switch I mounted.

But, LEDGlow.com had some interior light kits and I have used one of those before on a friends car.

Oh ok cool. I've been wanting to get some green ones for my car

Yeah, check out that site. They have some pretty cool stuff on there.

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone....check out another install I did for Caitlin!!

06' PT Cruiser Fosgate System

Stop by and comment what you think

Thanks!

Edit: Spelling

• 2 weeks later...

Ok. So I finally got some more pics of some work I have done to the car.

360.2!

I used this to replace the 360 line-driver and a 7 band EQ I had installed.

27.jpg

Next I finally got those 8" full range speakers installed!

New rear 8s!!

I had to cut out the rear deck and make sure they fit.

31.jpg

32.jpg

Next I did Dynamat to help with some rattles and to help with the flex issues.

33.jpg

After that I needed to make spacer rings so that the speakers would sit over the factory rear deck.

I also had to this (along with the plastic lifter ring) to keep everything level.

34.jpg

And here is the finished product!

35.jpg

36.jpg

• 1 month later...

Well guys, about two weeks ago I moved to a new state.

After a long day at work I was trying to find food and got lost down town on some one way roads.

I could not turn right at the next road (which I wanted to) because it was another one way to the left.

So I was in the right lane and needed to turn on this street (I was going to go around the block and up the other one way road I had already passed).

Well I realized this in a short amount of time and went to do a quick lane change and slow down so I could turn left.

Needless to say there was a van in my blind spot (which is a little large since my mirror faces down), I merged into his lane.

I felt horrible, but everyone in both vehicles was ok.

The van dragged my car through the intersection before my car stopped and he stopped in front of me.

His van (that was a rental) drove away after changing the tire and strapping the running board up.

My car did not. I had a friend come pick the car up and take it to my home town (since Im still working on finding a house here).

Upon further inspection, the drive train and suspension seem to be ok. It looks like I just need to get a new bumper, fender, inner wheel well cover, fender mount, rocker panel, door, tire, and an alignment.

Im just glad everyone was ok, but accidents happen. The other downside is I only have liability, so my insurance will take care of the van but not my car. Im hoping to save some money up this winter from work so I can start ordering the parts I need to get it back together.

Archived