Sonic Electronix

it doesnt hit hard because his preout voltage is prolly less than .5v since he didnt turn sub level up on his headunit to max to get the full 2v

i feel like im talking to a brick wall... thats the issue. start there. gain has never been set correctly so OP has never heard it the right way yet. dont even worry about the bass remote til you get headunit settings correct

not that hard to figure out. every alpine ive ever used was quiet as hell until i got sublevel to + 10-15

Yep I have to agree with Decaf.

1st turn up the sub volume to max on the H/U.

2nd turn the bass boost all the way down on the amp and leave the dash knob unhooked from the amp.

3rd ONLY adjust the GAIN on the amp and the low pass crossover (to around 80ish).

4th hook up the dash knob to the amp.

5th if desired just barely and gently turn up the bass boost if you feel that you really need it.

I'm done with this thread LOL.....Sound like a plan Decaf?

I followed this steps and it now works like it should, I've turned up the gain on the monoblock more this time with +15 "sub level" on my HU. Now the sub hits, the doors are flexing :)

I still have the bass remotecontrol hooked up in my dash, but I don't need to use it this time, I'll let it be there just for the looks ;)

Thanks for being very helpful all of you!

I'm glad you were able to get things worked out and if you stick around I promise that there is plenty more to learn. :good:

Yes I've alot to learn about when it comes to car audio. I just started with it 1 year ago and I just love it :)

Also it feels always nice to ask some experts (like here) if there are some trouble when it comes to car-audio.

Archived