06 Civic Build - New Build List on page 60

Well after lurking on here for a long time I've decided to actually post my build. It's not just an audio build, let me just say that right off. Not sure if that's a big deal or not, but some people enjoy the full on builds, me for example. So I thought that I might share mine.

My car is a 2006 Honda Civic ex Sedan. It is a daily drive and so it's not something that can just be taken apart and left in the garage, but that is the case sometimes. I guess I bite off more than I can chew at times, and really who doesn't in this game! I have limited time as I have a family, 2 daughters (4 and 6) and a wife and a house that needs kept up and along with that a schedule to stay healthy which is a routine all by itself. So I mainly build this when I have time, weekends, late at night after the kids are in bed, and maybe days off. So it is a slow build, but it's a build.

Here is a link to the build I've been tracking for a while on my Civic site. I'll post some stuff up on here and try to catch everyone up to where I am now, but there's a lot of stuff to catch up on. That all takes time and I'm not sure if I will want to do that here, or just leave you with the build link and go from there.

Link: My link

I will give a list of the things that have been done, and then a list of the things that are going to be done, and then I'll go from there.

So with that being said, here we go!

Here's a list. You'll see the dates to the right and little notes to the right. These kind of tell you what's going on with the parts.

Performance:

Misc

Flip Key Mod Done June 2, 2011

Spenser Air Squash Air Freshener Done June 2, 2011

Exterior

8th Civic stickers on the windows

8th Civic license plate frame

De-badged the Civic logo.

OEM Fogs with Hella Projectors with 3000K Morimoto HID's (Have - needs install)

Morimoto Mini H1 Projectors with 5000K HID's Done October 26, 2011 (Changing to FX-R Quad Projectors and 5000K HID's)

OEM Sidemarkers - Tinted Done October 23, 2011

Carbon Fiber Vinyl - Hood, Roof, Trunk(need vinyl)

Si Grill carbon fiber vinyled - Done March 7, 2011

HFP Lip Kit Carbon Fiber Vinyled - (Need)

Interior

Seat Reupholstering (needed)

Hybrid Racing Black Nickel Weighted Shift Knob Done March 8, 2011

Reupholstered center console arm rest Done - Don't remember date

Led dome lights Done - Don't remember date

Carbon Fiber Vinyled Shift Boot Frame - Done March 20, 2011

Reupholstered Shift Boot - Done March 20, 2011

Engine/Performance

Scan Gauge II in a custom pod Done October 23, 2011

Brand New OEM Shifter Cables - Done March 20, 2011

TWM Performance Short Shifter Adaptor Done March 8, 2011

Hybrid Racing Shifter Cable Bushings Done April 15, 2011

Hybrid Racing Shifter Base Bushings Done March 8, 2011

Hybrid Racing Radiator Hoses Done May 2, 2011

Injen CAI - Black Done March 20, 2011

P2R Throttle Body Spacer Done March 20, 2011

NST Pulleys (Need)

Weapon-R Engine Torque Damper (Need)

Megan Racing Header Done April 14, 2011 / Removed April 22, 2011

Megan Racing Downpipe Done June 29, 2011

Weapon-R Angled O2 Sensor CEL Eliminator Done April 14, 2011 / Removed April 22, 2011

Vibrant Catback Exhaust Done April 14, 2011 Welded center pipes together - Done June 20, 2011

Flash Pro (Need)

Suspension

Buddy Club N+ Coilovers Done September 02, 2010

Buddy Club Rear Camber Arms Done September 02, 2010

Ingalls Front Camber Bolts Done September 02, 2010

Ingalls Front Camber Bolts (second set) Done 3/28/2011

Si Rear Sway Bar Done June 29, 2011

Hotchkis Endlinks (need)

P2R Lower Tie Bar Done September 17, 2011

Wheels and Tires

Varrstoen ES 2.2.2 18x8 Matte Black Done February 13, 2011

Falken ZE912 215/35/18 Done November 30, 2011

Wilwood Brake Kit (black) (Way future.)

Current Pictures as of (11/30/2011)

New Look

IMG00900-20111130-1312.jpg

IMG00899-20111130-1311.jpg

IMG00898-20111130-1311.jpg

Old look

DSC02166.jpg

DSC02162.jpg

So that's list of performance parts for the vehicle now. I'm working on some projects currently, headlight retro fit, fog light retro fit will start after that, new end link brackets, and rear sway bar.

Now then, lets move to the audio. There's a lot of stuff going on here. I'll give you guys the list of equipment and then I'll lay out the plan!

Audio:

See Page 60 for the new list!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I'm just throwing this out there. I put up my LRx 1.1k in classifieds but I've gotten no hits at all. Not even an offer. So maybe I'll end up keeping it. I won't know till I get to that point and figure out if it'll fit or not.

I also just got done looking at a few threads where they had the subs forward facing and say it sounds pretty good. This has always been a curiosity of mine cause, well just cause. I already have the sealed off trunk, so that would be done.

I don't think it's any secret that I suck at the box design sites. I just do. I don't know why but I do. I could really use someone's help in getting box specs for a ported enclosure for these HX300D subs. I'd like a round port design, and a slotted port design, as well as maybe a single port design. I think if I had to choose I'd like the port to be as big as the rear arm rest pass through. But I don't know if that's possible or not. IF I could get the designs I could experament with different boxes and find the best one that sounds the best. I would be willing to pay someone for their time if need be.

That's all for now.

Ok so here's a little update. Not much has been done but I've been able to do a little bit here and there.

First up the light shrouds:

Last time I painted it flat black and just looked at it. Loved the way it looked.

Now here I painted it black again and then with high fill primer and then sanded it a little bit.

DSC03454.jpg

DSC03455.jpg

Got some body filler on it.

DSC03494.jpg

DSC03495.jpg

Then tonight I sanded it down and re primed it.

DSC03500.jpg

DSC03501.jpg

As you can see from the last picture I still have some filling and sanding to do. But it's getting closer.

Next up I took a look at my Si Rear Sway Bar I got for like $35.00 and it was beat up pretty good. Paint was chipping and peeling and it just isn't gonna do for me. So what I decided to do was strip it, and get it ready for a new look.

DSC03478.jpg

DSC03479.jpg

DSC03480.jpg

DSC03481.jpg

DSC03492.jpg

Then yesterday before I took off to boot camp I decided to get some more work done on it.

DSC03496.jpg

DSC03497.jpg

DSC03499.jpg

So now she's sitting waiting for some primer.

Now in the last couple days while doing that, I did another little project. I got some brackets for my end links from a buddy. He sold his civic and gave them too me. These, if you don't know, are the brackets that bolt to the OEM bracket and strengthen it. The OEM brackets have been known to break when using beefier rear sway bars. Now I'm not using a real stiff sway bar, actually it's the Si sway bar. So probably nothing will happen, but if I do decide to go to a Progress RSB or something like that, I'll be ready for it.

So here they are, in all their raw metal glory. Ready for some life and some color!

DSC03457.jpg

But before color we need something that will help the color stay!

DSC03458.jpg

Then I found some color match paint at Pep Boys. I had originally decided to go with a bright orange color, but decided that while I was trying to go aftermarket on alot of things and look more performance oriented, I also don't wanna look unclassy. So I decided to go with the color match for a subtle yet flashy approach.

DSC03459.jpg

DSC03462.jpg

So they're primed and ready for some love!

DSC03465.jpg

DSC03468.jpg

DSC03470.jpg

I actually primed these about 3 times. Just to make sure.

COLOR!

Look at that metallic in the flash baby!

DSC03471.jpg

DSC03472.jpg

DSC03473.jpg

Well, it's a match!

DSC03474.jpg

DSC03475.jpg

DSC03477.jpg

So I ended up with about 3 coats of paint as well. That makes 3 primer coats, and 3 color coats. What's next. Oh yeah! The clear!

DSC03493.jpg

Now why did I use Engine Enamel Clear? Well it's pretty simple really. First, I figured that Engine Enamel has to hold up to high high heat and so it must be pretty durable. But second, and really more this reason, I already had it on the shelf and I figured what the hell! LMAO!

I apparently forgot to take pictures of the pieces with the clear coat. I'll have to try and get some tomorrow when it's lighter and you can see the true color. It looks great though. I can't wait to see them on!

Tomorrow I'll probably string up the RSB and get a few coats of primer on that as well. That will also be the color match! I'm still debating on whether i want to spend money on new endlinks, keep the oem one's, or build my own. I'm leaning toward building my own. Why? Because that's what this game is all about right!?!

Till next time, thanks for tuning in!

Check out my build log. Its in my signature. Hasn't been updated in a while, but forward facing is something you should try. I have 2 15s in a ported enclosure in my trunk. If you look closely, you can see how we executed it... It wasn't too bad. As far as those subs go, put them in 2-2.5 cubes gross each and see how it is from there. If you feel the box is too big, you can always readjust with bracing, 45s, etc... and if you run aeros, those can be changed easily too. Better off going too big than too small... Especially in a car that requires the box to be built in the trunk.

I'll do that. Wow, 2 - 2.5 cubes seems like a lot of space. I'm gonna have to do a couple of test boxes and see what I'm working with. I was gonna go 1.5 max. I guess another .5 - 1.0 isn't terribly bad, just I am dealing with, as you know already, limited space. I've also got to try and find room for 4 or 5 amps and somewhere in the future, possibly an air ride system. I'll go check out your build log. Thanks!

By 2 - 2.5 do you mean sealed or ported?

Archived