Sonic Electronix

Start with a good amp to power what you currently have.

Yea they just dont sound that great... they lack low end reponse

My headunit distorts at like 41 out of 62??? WHY :(

and is amplifier power alot better than headunit power?

hmmm... 15w hu power or 50-200w amp power...

lower frequencies require a little more power but it could just be your coaxials dont play very low.

got this in the doors http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_17789_Rockford-Fosgate-Punch-P1S652.html

whenever you see a small tweeter like that one you can probably assume it will be harsh/bright.

the only thing you can do with those is run an amp on them that will help but you cant run active on coaxials

you can run active but only a HPF or subsonic filter will do any good and your amp will already have that ability. remember and active crossover is any filter set before amplification. so the HU, processor, and amp can be an active crossover. passive is after amplification.

Coax aren't your biggest problem, the lack of door treatment is though. Deaden, decouple and a layer of some mlv with some more decoupler behind each speaker will go along way to making what you have better.

just deadening the doors isnt what really helps midbass, its sealing the big holes in the inner skin. but if the speaker isnt getting enough power to really produce the misbass then doing anything to the doors wont suddenly make the speaker play those frequencies.

a decoupler is used to eliminate the back wave so it doesnt just head straight back to the speaker. the frequencies that will benefit from this depends on how much space there is between the speaker and the outer door skin. the back wave can boost some frequencies, cancel others, and cause distortion in others. although the distortion is fairly hard to hear and people not into sq generally wont hear it, notice it, or know what it is to identify it. but closed cell foam works for doing this. i used closed cell weather stripping and attached it with some good spray adhesive.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.