Second Skin Audio

4 15's ported or 5 15's sealed???

Yeah same motor but will the 18 generate music as accurate as the 10? I think not.

why do you think that is correct? when the speakers are moving the EXACT same amount, and have the same motor structure and voice coil and spiders and surround and dustcap, how will the sound be less accurate if all that is changed is the cone, which is bigger? you fucking fail.

Edited by Kranny

Yeah same motor but will the 18 generate music as accurate as the 10? I think not.

<_<

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

I'm guessing you can get 5 comps for about what, 250$ at the most?

Anyways, 4 ported would be louder. But 2 18"s would be badass and loud as shit still. And the age and school thing doesn't mean anything, I'm 17, getting 20 hours every two weeks on a minimum wage job and I just bought two hopefully badass 18"s (...:peepwall:...)

The way I see it, save up and get nice things. Don't cheap out and get whats cheapest, because you'll never be satisfied. Do it right once and be done with it.

:rofl:

:wub: N8.

No homo...unless you want there to be. :orly3::ehh:

We've played with different size subs. Especially when using live instruments when we tune a bass the larger subs played slightly flat from what the direct signal was tuned to.

did the different sized speakers have the exact same soft parts and motor? if not, your example is flawed.

Anyways, 4 ported would be louder. But 2 18"s would be badass and loud as shit still. And the age and school thing doesn't mean anything, I'm 17, getting 20 hours every two weeks on a minimum wage job and I just bought two hopefully badass 18"s (...:peepwall:...)

The way I see it, save up and get nice things. Don't cheap out and get whats cheapest, because you'll never be satisfied. Do it right once and be done with it.

Ok so rather than arguing about what subs would be better and what size would be better can we actually be helpful and talk about things that havent already been decided :) also where do you think you can find comps for $50 I'd really like to know thanks hahaha also that's great if your 17 and you can save and get your 18's or whatever but I doubt (although I could be wrong) that your already living on your own. Loud music makes me happy so I'm trying to scrape by and get the best system I can I really don't appreciate everyone hating on my choices. I thought I'd get some kind help on SMD

:popcorn:

Hahah damn cody

She ain't that sexy. I wouldn't even let her blow me. Those 10 pounds of make up would end up all over my crotch.

you dont find dubstep, dubstep finds you

hu: Pioneer MVH - P8300BT

mids: Alpine sps-600 all four corners

highs: Addictive Audio ECST25A,Memphis PR tweeters back

sub: 15 inch crossfire bmf

box: 4 cubes at 38 hz

amp: Rockford Fosgate Power 1000 25 To Life

140.7 on a non sealed trunk car with a five channel so far (old sub audiobahn aw1505q)

Build Log

http://www.stevemead...ima-56k-beware/

Feedback

http://www.stevemead...s-bfd-feedback/

Ok so rather than arguing about what subs would be better and what size would be better can we actually be helpful and talk about things that havent already been decided :) also where do you think you can find comps for $50 I'd really like to know thanks hahaha also that's great if your 17 and you can save and get your 18's or whatever but I doubt (although I could be wrong) that your already living on your own. Loud music makes me happy so I'm trying to scrape by and get the best system I can I really don't appreciate everyone hating on my choices. I thought I'd get some kind help on SMD

sorry to the op. Just looking at different options. If your sticking with the 15s is go ported.

Fine, I'll try to be helpful. 4 comps will be louder ported, but idk how the sq will be with them. Buddy of mine has 2 15" comps and they get decently loud compared to the regular 2 12" setup, but they don't sound too good doing it. Get four D2 15" and a AQ1200, or get an AQ2200. Since you don't seem to havee much of a budget, I think a Crescendo bc2000d (sp?) would be the beat bang for your buck. Think their arous 300 bucks, it'll give your subs about 500 rms each, a little over rms, but if your box is good, they can take it. What's your max dimensions so we can actually help out beter?

:rofl:

:wub: N8.

No homo...unless you want there to be. :orly3::ehh: