Sonic Electronix

:noob::lol: Check your stator windings for a short, or your rectifier pack could be gone. If possible, try to full field your alt at idle. DO NOT REV IT AT FULL FIELD. Let me know how things go. Maybe the regulator is failing. :ph34r:

No warranty

95 civic

air-ride RE-5 slam specialties

4-18's Dc xlm2's tuned 35hz

2-1100.1's @ .35 each

2-SD 250.2 nano amps

3-deka 9a31 1-deka 35ah

2-250 amp alts/ Adjustable regulator

159 sealed @ dash 51hz

so you already have 2 pos and neg runs from the alt?

He has 4. In the first post:

hokay, my electrical consists of, [...] 2 runs of + to rear 2 runs of - to rear [...]

he didnt ask about full runs. he asked about the alt. unless those two runs go from alt straight to the back instead of going to the front battery first.

what meter are you using to measure voltage?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

biggg update...

Ok, did some testing tonight, switched to better terminals on the run from alt to bussbar, still same issues

had DMM with me so i had my brother check voltage at the Alt. held steady at 14.7/14.6. Perfect! had him check voltage at rear bttery bank, and sure enough, i was dropping to mid 12s low 13s, 1 of the rear batts were dead, swapped ALL 3 of them out and did a bit more testing.. a little better.. not much

ok, this may be a but confusing..

first of all, i have no front battery, just aluminum buss bars. i have 2 runs from alt pos to pos buss bar up front and then all the big 3 done, i have 2 runs of neg. and pos. to back batteries

from the 3 back batteries i have 2 pos. runs and 2 neg. runs into the cab of truck, to another set of distro blocks ( to make hooking amps and such up much easier)

now.. with the batteries hooked up to the charger in the rear, i sit at 14.3v at the rear batteries, inside the truck at the distro blocks im sitting at 13.7, check voltage up front at the buss bars, 13.7v there as well

what would cause that?

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

Archived