Armykyle's build, new build thread link last page

So what are you deciding on in the woofer dept? watching the thread I see some decisions and then scrapping those choices.. lol not poking fun just wondering

I'm not deciding anything until after I win or lose the Incriminator audio contest. If I win, and hopefully will but I will most likely run two 21" wardens :) if not. I'll be torn to do a budget trunk wall by buying a third D6 12, which I'm pretty sure would yield a 151 or better with the current amp. Or I might get two 3hp motors(the ones off the SW eclipse subs) 15" ti baskets, and hopefully find to minty aluminum cones. I really don't like paper fused cones period...

But I've won my first bracket should be another four weeks or so till the next one.

If you didnt see I voted for ya hahha thought id help out as much as I can, and let me know when your match up is up for voting again, you got a garenteed vote right here lol theres a guy down here in oregon thats selling two of the IA death row 12s for a pretty damn good price.. just thought id throw that in there if it mattered any

thank you man! I appreciate it for real! Every vote will count when it comes down to it. I'm super psyched I made it this far in it. I never thought I'd make it to the top 16, now the top 8! I hope SMD will show out and put me in the finals.

I'd possibly entertain it if was the newer style motors coil configuration would matter too. I'd be really interested in flatlynes though. I more of a SQ guy :) or SQL Only reason I'd get the wardens is wow factor lol

Looking good so far man!

Here's my Daewoo I should be starting soon:

298703_10150779098180495_871215494_21719665_4345855_n.jpg

The Aveo at least seems like it's going to blow apart. Here's a little mess around video with an SA-15 in a box I built for a Ford Escape. Terrible orientation crammed in my car. Box is tuned to 35Hz and this is a 25Hz note. lol

Have my two 15" DC XL's in and my DC5k sitting on the bed. Waiting for electrical and I should be getting started. I'm looking to do sub/port forward sealed off with two ports. (removable) 28Hz for daily. (Cars gonna fall apart.) And then I'll figure out a tuning for burps. Would like to see somewhere close to a 150db out of it. Going to run the 5K at .5-ohms to fight rise a little.

Good luck to you. It's gonna be funny seeing a couple loud Daewoo's! :drinks:

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

I can find out when he bought them and you can probably figure out what motors they are from there lol but if I remember right they were d2 coils. Let me see if he's still got them and I will try and get some pics, he's located in Oregon near washington..

Team NWSPLUPCOMING BUILD (when I afford it)

2013 Ford Focus Hatch

2x DC lv3 15s

2x b2 quotas

XS batts

DC power alt

That amp would fuck the shit out of those subs. It would roofie them, knock them out with chloroform, then make sweet, gentle, anal love to them all night.

loveing tne door flex..needed a better song tho

Red light rev ya engines..light goes green u take off, petal to the floor.I take it slow but some how seem to catch up with u at he next red.So u think u can do it again.light goes green you stall..i put my foot down just to show u what fast really looks like :)

Looking good so far man!

Here's my Daewoo I should be starting soon:

298703_10150779098180495_871215494_21719665_4345855_n.jpg

The Aveo at least seems like it's going to blow apart. Here's a little mess around video with an SA-15 in a box I built for a Ford Escape. Terrible orientation crammed in my car. Box is tuned to 35Hz and this is a 25Hz note. lol

Have my two 15" DC XL's in and my DC5k sitting on the bed. Waiting for electrical and I should be getting started. I'm looking to do sub/port forward sealed off with two ports. (removable) 28Hz for daily. (Cars gonna fall apart.) And then I'll figure out a tuning for burps. Would like to see somewhere close to a 150db out of it. Going to run the 5K at .5-ohms to fight rise a little.

Good luck to you. It's gonna be funny seeing a couple loud Daewoo's! :drinks:

I bet its cramped in there. I've been in an aveo, not fun lol. If you put two sets of weather stripping on the trunk, it'll help alot. It made a huge difference in my car, and I sealed up the trunk vents. Its not as loud on the outside but I don't care. Most all bolts on the car are locktited so hopefully it won't come apart lulz. But good luck man. I'm working on getting an alt right now, since mechman won't build me one and I dunno if they'll change their mind if I win the incriminator audio give away...

I can find out when he bought them and you can probably figure out what motors they are from there lol but if I remember right they were d2 coils. Let me see if he's still got them and I will try and get some pics, he's located in Oregon near washington..

sounds good man!

loveing tne door flex..needed a better song tho

thank you. That's with the doors covered in deadner too. The car is sexy quite sealed up when you're on the outside. Yea its not exactly a song the helps show of flexing, but plays with my cars peaks so its nasty if you can actually sit in it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be putting in some Damp pro today and comparing it to stinger roadkill expert. Yes its a very comparable test, due to the simple fact the specs are almost exactly the same. Stinger road kill expert is far more comparable that dynamat extreme or hushmat. It's thicker and heavier. The stinger road kill does have a slight advantage in overall weight SS damp pro-.6lbs per foot and stinger .65 per foot.

over all thickness

SS damp pro-.0787401575 in or 2mm

aluminum layer- 6.5mil

stinger roadkill- Minimum Thickness 0.080in or 2.03200mm

aluminum layer- 6mil

Now SS rates these specs at +/- 5%

and stinger rates these specs at the minimum.

My first impression on the Damp pro vs stinger, is it seem slightly over priced if you pay full retail compared to stinger. 105 for 20ft of damp pro where as you can get 20 ft of stinger from sonic for 75-80 shipped for 20ft.

The adhesive used on the damp pro is very comparable to the stinger, both are very sticky and flexible. The thing I really like about the damp pro, is the flat black aluminum. To me its much more aesthetically pleasing.

Now the most head to head comparison I can run is on my rear doors. Since one has stinger on it and the other will have damp pro once I stop typing. I also have a unique stress and endurance test I'll be doing. I'll take pics and vids and hopefully keep it entertaining :)

Also my CAI should be here today. Its a true CAI, not a short ram. It picks up from inside the fender-well. I got a crazy good deal on it, due to one half being blue and one being black lol. But its brand damn new and the last one at that.

The car will also have an HO alt going in, hopefully within the next two week :)

Did you change your frontstage yet? Did you try running a single 3 way setup? Those domes can have a lot of output and almost all of them have a nasty little freq. peak. That could be what you are picking up. You could switch to ID horns and a really sensitive midbass. That would keep up with 150db. That's my plan.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Did you change your frontstage yet? Did you try running a single 3 way setup? Those domes can have a lot of output and almost all of them have a nasty little freq. peak. That could be what you are picking up. You could switch to ID horns and a really sensitive midbass. That would keep up with 150db. That's my plan.

with some different style tuning and some more break in, I'm actually quite happy with them. The "domes" are still a bit over bearing but from all that I've read you don't want the mid that close to you. If the IA contest falls through, my plan will be one mid in the doors and a mid in them kicks. I'll stack the tweets, one in the ail panel and one right below it. The mid bass side by side. The imaging right now is quite good and I'm quite happy with it. Thank you very much for the input though.

I'll have videos up tomorrow of the damp pro installed as well as the CAI. Some company came by and distracted me ;)

I can say I'm quite happy with the damp pro already.

What alt you going with? I have a singer 230a alt being made right now by mike.. Damn good price for a damn good alt lol not tryna sway you or anything just my two cents lol

Team NWSPLUPCOMING BUILD (when I afford it)

2013 Ford Focus Hatch

2x DC lv3 15s

2x b2 quotas

XS batts

DC power alt

That amp would fuck the shit out of those subs. It would roofie them, knock them out with chloroform, then make sweet, gentle, anal love to them all night.

What alt you going with? I have a singer 230a alt being made right now by mike.. Damn good price for a damn good alt lol not tryna sway you or anything just my two cents lol

I was originally going to get a singer alt but he never got back to me :(

http://www.qualitypowerauto.com/

that's who is going to build it.

Now for updates!

IMAG0047.jpg

IMAG0048.jpg

IMAG0052-1.jpg

the cold air intake that will pick up from inside the fender well.... Doesn't look like much though. Its badass

IMAG0044.jpg

IMAG0045.jpg

IMAG0043.jpg

I have videos I need to finish as well.

IMAG0050-1.jpg

IMAG0051-1.jpg

gotta clean them wheelz!

IMAG0042.jpg

late for work lol

IMAG0041.jpg

Archived