DC Sound Lab

I am new to the DC company and have NEVER built anything for them. I have always mastered the more public names out there so this will be a first with them. But with that being said every woofer is different, so I am looking for the sweet number of DC.....This is going in a car, in the trunk and not for lanes....just "WOW" factor.

I have (2) DC XL 15's D.07 coming soon... (well how everything is going hopefully soon) I plan on running a 2.0k on each at 1.4 ohms or a 5k for both at 2.8....My question at hand is what is the recommended port area for 2 in a common chamber, and whats the smallest I can build the enclosure to?

My original idea is 7.25 cubes after woofer and port displacement with (4) 6 inch ports 19 inches long....

What are some other options.......

getting loud with two 10" or 12" subs is more of a wow factor to me than getting loud with 2 15"s or 1 18, that's just my opinion.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

From watching Ed Lestor's recent videos, wouldn't ordering dual 4's and wiring straight to 1-ohm in parallel be more efficient? I understand this is by no means an spl oriented setup, but might as well make every .1db or .2db count?

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.