DC Sound Lab

I am new to the DC company and have NEVER built anything for them. I have always mastered the more public names out there so this will be a first with them. But with that being said every woofer is different, so I am looking for the sweet number of DC.....This is going in a car, in the trunk and not for lanes....just "WOW" factor.

I have (2) DC XL 15's D.07 coming soon... (well how everything is going hopefully soon) I plan on running a 2.0k on each at 1.4 ohms or a 5k for both at 2.8....My question at hand is what is the recommended port area for 2 in a common chamber, and whats the smallest I can build the enclosure to?

My original idea is 7.25 cubes after woofer and port displacement with (4) 6 inch ports 19 inches long....

What are some other options.......

Edited by ChrisLun

svc2.png

ttf.png

2006 Dodge Charger

(2) Kinetic 3800

(1) DC Power 270XP

(4) T1-12D4

(1) T2500BDCP

(2) T400.4

7.5 cubic ft.

(2) 6 in ports thru the rear deck

(2) T165.2

(2) T169.3

Box size seems right as far as port area iono how Aero ports work but on a slot I like to do between 15 and 18 sq inches

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

spl dust is an option you can get on the coils... it's great for extra 1000 watts of power

where can i get this spl dust and how much is it. is it hard to apply? lol

fyi. cant run a single 5k at 1.4 on your coil configuration. .7 would be sweet though.

what kind of car?

My bad typing too fast on the 5k it will be 2.8 ohm load....2006 Dodge Charger

svc2.png

ttf.png

2006 Dodge Charger

(2) Kinetic 3800

(1) DC Power 270XP

(4) T1-12D4

(1) T2500BDCP

(2) T400.4

7.5 cubic ft.

(2) T165.2

(2) T169.3

Why 2 15's in the trunk. 12's might do better.

Yeah, True....I changed my order twice already .....went from the 15's to a lvl5 18, back to the 15's.....Never ran DC...going to make this a demo car for my customers.....need to present a "WOW" factor.....do the 12's hit hard as hell?

svc2.png

ttf.png

2006 Dodge Charger

(2) Kinetic 3800

(1) DC Power 270XP

(4) T1-12D4

(1) T2500BDCP

(2) T400.4

7.5 cubic ft.

(2) T165.2

(2) T169.3

Why such a high ohm load and why .7 coils? The XLs will EASILY take the 5k at 1ohm as long as it is clean power. If you are waiting on the motors to come in to get the subs, I would suggest getting 2 D1 subs and wiring to 1ohm on the 5k. If you are going to run the amps at a higher ohm load then I would save the money and go with a lower level sub that matches the power better.

Why not 2 tens sealed off from the trunk.. The loudness would be the wow factor

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

Why such a high ohm load and why .7 coils? The XLs will EASILY take the 5k at 1ohm as long as it is clean power. If you are waiting on the motors to come in to get the subs, I would suggest getting 2 D1 subs and wiring to 1ohm on the 5k. If you are going to run the amps at a higher ohm load then I would save the money and go with a lower level sub that matches the power better.

The 0.7 was recommended by Rusty....if I was running the 5.0K, and with the motors just coming in it's giving me too much time to think. Like I said I have never messed with DC but no that I am moving the shop from carrying all the public names to carrying more of a brand that will give them (customers) what they want.....I want to build my demo vehicle with something that will do the wow factor.....Hell I may just go back with the Lvl 5 18 and call it a day.....But please CJ18 if you have input please add..... I've learned in business to swallow my" I know it al"l pride and always take advice form those whom have dealt with specific brands.....

svc2.png

ttf.png

2006 Dodge Charger

(2) Kinetic 3800

(1) DC Power 270XP

(4) T1-12D4

(1) T2500BDCP

(2) T400.4

7.5 cubic ft.

(2) T165.2

(2) T169.3