Wiring Batts Straight To Alt?

im gonna get an iraggi alt and i have 2 kinetik 2400's. Im running 2 runs of positive and 2 runs negative to those batts from the alt. Can i just go straight from the alt bolt to the batterys and the alt bracket ground to the batterys? and bypass the stock battery altogether? that way i can just keep the stock battery on the stock stuff, and back batteries on the stereo. because my big 3 are a pain in the ASS to upgrade

SMDsigbannr4.jpg

play Moola.com its actually fun and free...

click here to join Money games!

its just games with free money!

im gonna get an iraggi alt and i have 2 kinetik 2400's. Im running 2 runs of positive and 2 runs negative to those batts from the alt. Can i just go straight from the alt bolt to the batterys and the alt bracket ground to the batterys? and bypass the stock battery altogether? that way i can just keep the stock battery on the stock stuff, and back batteries on the stereo. because my big 3 are a pain in the ASS to upgrade

you'll need to do the big 3 regardless bro. it's not a good thing to just run both runs of positive off the alternator. it's best to just run that 1/0 from the alternator + to the battery + and two runs of 1/0 + back to the batteries in the back. the only way you can have each battery separate is to run a dual alternator (stock alt and HO alt). i'm not really sure on the hookups of each but i'm sure it's been done before.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

alright thanks then, i was just seeing if it was possible. i need a new aftermarket battery for my starter but anothe 2400 wont fit and i cant seem to find any battery that will? Its for a 2007 ford explorer

SMDsigbannr4.jpg

play Moola.com its actually fun and free...

click here to join Money games!

its just games with free money!

alright thanks then, i was just seeing if it was possible. i need a new aftermarket battery for my starter but anothe 2400 wont fit and i cant seem to find any battery that will? Its for a 2007 ford explorer

i haven't seen the underhood of an 07 explorer but i have an 04 expedition and even a hc2400 is pushing it but a hc2000 fits quite well though.

measure you battery compartment and go from there bro.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

Archived