Sonic Electronix

Hey Guys I was looking to start a new project and i have a 2000 dodge Dakota slt Single Cab. Im looking to Build a box for the center console i have not a lot of room to work with, my current system is 2 kicker cvt 10s and a 600 wat dual amp under my seat i want to lose all that and take out the center console i was thinking something along the lines of the kicker comp 10" speaker (but im open to anything new ) and a square box with the one speaker facing the front and one facing up but not sure how to go about this. i would like to stick with mdf if i can.... soo if any one has done this or happens to know anything about it please let me know what you know lol thanks

i will take some pics and some measurements tomorrow and post them up

Edited by swab

It'll be hard to fit a 10 between the seats, there's only about 9.5" there. I went through at least 6 different enclosures before ditching the idea of doing even a single 10 in mine (01 standard cab dakota)

I finally made a fiberglass copy of the center console and put an 8 in it down firing, covered with the stock console cover and reattached the flip up arm rest thing. Looks stock but I have a sub in there and it actually sounds pretty good for a small sub setup

blowthrough. Go big or go home.

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

It'll be hard to fit a 10 between the seats, there's only about 9.5" there. I went through at least 6 different enclosures before ditching the idea of doing even a single 10 in mine (01 standard cab dakota)

I finally made a fiberglass copy of the center console and put an 8 in it down firing, covered with the stock console cover and reattached the flip up arm rest thing. Looks stock but I have a sub in there and it actually sounds pretty good for a small sub setup

That console thing is exactly what I was going to do with mine, got any pics?

:rofl:

:wub: N8.

No homo...unless you want there to be. :orly3::ehh:

That console thing is exactly what I was going to do with mine, got any pics?

This is from the start of it. Unfortunately, being the 7th or so try at getting something in there, I was in a rush and didn't take many pics along the way.

Just covered with foil and a little tape and fiberglassed over the metal frame and foam from the stock console and went from there.

DSCF0001.jpg

I'll see if I can find a little time later to get some pics of what it looks like done/now. I honestly don't even remember what it looks like under the stock covering any more.

This was one of my other ideas with 2 8s but I missed having my arm rest/storage and didn't really like the JBLs anyway.

ATT2091324.jpg

I lied, I do have a couple more

interior4.jpg

interior3.jpg

interior2.jpg

interior1.jpg

To the original poster, sorry for clogging up your thread but maybe this can give you an idea of what you can do.

i like that alot what are thos 10s and did you do it your self or buy that