I checked the 2channel and it seems to be cycling into protect mode. The voltage is car off and car on. I only go down to 13volts full tilt on decaf. What would cause it to protect? Connections to the amp itself are great power and groundwise also at the battery.

Thatll also do it. Bad RCAs, make sure wire is not grounding off somewhere or frays are sticking out of terminals, voltage doesnt seem to be a problem. I would try new RCAs first and see if that helps, if you have a set to switch out.

I checked the 2channel and it seems to be cycling into protect mode. The voltage is car off and car on. I only go down to 13volts full tilt on decaf. What would cause it to protect? Connections to the amp itself are great power and groundwise also at the battery.

Thatll also do it. Bad RCAs, make sure wire is not grounding off somewhere or frays are sticking out of terminals, voltage doesnt seem to be a problem. I would try new RCAs first and see if that helps, if you have a set to switch out.

My sub is working fine. I connect the sub amps rcas to 2 channel in the proper place on the headunit and it does the same thing. I checked the rcas theres no tears or damage anywhere. I wondering if its the amp.

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

Sounds like either bad RCAs, deck is fucked, or something is grounding off where it isnt supposed to. What changed? You had a situation where it was working. You left and did X or moved something, not it doesnt work. Solve for 'X' please. :good:

I removed 3m electrical tape and used shrink wrap and soldered all connections upfront. Took them all apart and re did it to solve this issue and it doesnt seem to be the problem. Im about to go buy rcas but i checked the rcas and they put out a consistant 3.5 volts i have 4v preouts so 3.5 is normal.

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

Sounds like the spot where you had ur rcas pluged in the back of ur HU or amp is screwed up. by what u said above

Edited by cubs_fan0718

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

ok they are components and i was only runng like 50watts. if they are blown wouldnt a tweeter or the mid still work, or do they both go at the same time. Speakers are RF T2 6.5's

Edit- Just put the 6.5 mid on my text bench and it still works fine. So does the tweeter.

Edited by Bumpindemlowzz

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts