Ill say i took the easy way out of this i bought the hood and bumper fillers because i wanted to just do it this way and not welt the hood, and spend more time then i wanted to do on this project

IMG00001-20110712-1529.jpg

IMG00002-20110712-1546.jpg

did 2 layers of glass,

IMG00003-20110712-1650.jpg

My phone does not pick up the smaller marks you cant see,

IMG00005-20110712-1713.jpg

thats before the bondo

IMG00007-20110712-1755.jpg

then after a few hours of the same thing time after time

IMG00009-20110712-1842.jpg

its just primed i need to get more sand paper and what not tomorrow but i got work in 20 so this is what i got for today,

Well did some more today, it isnt done yet will be tomorrow im debating if i want to do go back to the oem united grey i love the color but its so damn hard to find an exact match without paying out the ass, and i also need my spray gun and compressor to even paint it . but like i posted in the one thread i made my 2nd year of college we start painting so ill have all those tools but till then im thinking about doing the front have a jet black or a regular black with a nice clear coat or working on making the whole car a flat white, but id like input i want something different, ive seen vws with different paint schemes and look nasty as hell, beatbox says i should rust the hood,,,,lolz

IMG00014-20110715-1514.jpg

while the bondo dried up i did this

IMG00013-20110715-1431.jpg

i had to wet sand the shit out of it to get the messed up paint i did the other day off but the primer is smooth as a babies butt which im happy with just gotta keep that through out every coat,

IMG00015-20110715-1837.jpg

this is what i left off with tonight since i have work in 20 i had to stop

when you go to paint it, take a piece of paper and fold it over in half, but dont crease it, leave it "rolled" over and tape the other side together so it wont come apart. tape pieces that way area you need to paint with the "rolled" edge nearest the area. when you paint it, if the color is not an exact match, this will allow a little overspray(controlled area) under the roll and help it blend much better

1969 Chevy Chevelle

20/22" staggered Bonspeed Huntingtons wrapped in Nitto INVO's

Mechman 250amp cs144 alt w/AVBM

Kinetik 1800 main battery/Kinetik 2400 in the trunk

Pioneer AVH-3200dvd Headunit

(2) sets of Hybrid Audio Technologies Imagine components up front

(2) DD 3512's d4 coils

Sundown sax100.4 component amp

Sundown saz-3000d subwoofer amp

5ft^3 box tuned to 34hz

MY BUILD

paint came out shitty last time i buy in a can that says its going to match and clear coat that the guy suggests was shit to so my hood looks blotchy any suggests?

Matching clearcoat is called blending. Essentially you will sand the panel an all adjacent panels and shoot clear over it all. Basically sand with 1500 grit to scuff the old clear, clean and shoot. Wet sand with a block to take out any runs and then buff and will look legit. PM me if you need any help :drinks:

Edit: sorry misread. HVLP gun ftw will be the best. very hard to get a clean coat out of a can.

Edited by dyeagain15

My F-150 Build (So Far)

2 DC L3 10's

Kenwood KDC-X794

(4) Selenium ST200 (Highs)

(2) RE X8 (Mids)

Sundown Sub/Mid/High Amps

Shuriken Batteries

Knu Wiring

My Feedback Thread

hmm interesting technique thanks, i tryd to just cover and tape the edge thats why i get the stupid over spray then instant stop lol

yea, ive used it on quads and bikes before, no reason why it shouldnt work on a car

1969 Chevy Chevelle

20/22" staggered Bonspeed Huntingtons wrapped in Nitto INVO's

Mechman 250amp cs144 alt w/AVBM

Kinetik 1800 main battery/Kinetik 2400 in the trunk

Pioneer AVH-3200dvd Headunit

(2) sets of Hybrid Audio Technologies Imagine components up front

(2) DD 3512's d4 coils

Sundown sax100.4 component amp

Sundown saz-3000d subwoofer amp

5ft^3 box tuned to 34hz

MY BUILD

paint came out shitty last time i buy in a can that says its going to match and clear coat that the guy suggests was shit to so my hood looks blotchy any suggests?

Matching clearcoat is called blending. Essentially you will sand the panel an all adjacent panels and shoot clear over it all. Basically sand with 1500 grit to scuff the old clear, clean and shoot. Wet sand with a block to take out any runs and then buff and will look legit. PM me if you need any help :drinks:

Edit: sorry misread. HVLP gun ftw will be the best. very hard to get a clean coat out of a can.

yeah if the clear coat woulda came out nice it woulda looked fine just a little darker then oem color, but i think i figure the paint design i want to attempt lol

• 2 weeks later...