Second Skin Audio

Need Help Finding The Rms Wattage Of This Sub

i have a set of mtx 5500 1544 subs and on mtx's website it says they can handle up to 900w max but on others they say just 300rms, but the 5500 subs took the place of the older 6000's and i had a set of those and they was 300rms but could take up to 750w max, i got a memphis pr 1000d wired @ 1ohm im just wondering if thats to much or do anyone have any other sujestions for 15's that this amp will push good, i was lookin tward the rf p3 15's, kicker cvr 15's or re se 15's, any other options welcomed, thankx for the help :)

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

i have a set of mtx 5500 1544 subs and on mtx's website it says they can handle up to 900w max but on others they say just 300rms, but the 5500 subs took the place of the older 6000's and i had a set of those and they was 300rms but could take up to 750w max, i got a memphis pr 1000d wired @ 1ohm im just wondering if thats to much or do anyone have any other sujestions for 15's that this amp will push good, i was lookin tward the rf p3 15's, kicker cvr 15's or re se 15's, any other options welcomed, thankx for the help :)

if your subs are 900 watts max then i would quess they are around 400 watts rms. as far as your memphis amp being to strong....nah. its better to over power subs than to under power them. be careful with setting your gain. i would stay away from the p3s a buddy of mine has blown 2 p3 15s, but its mostly his fault for turn the gain so high after i set it for him. i just got a 15" sub and it hella loud. i can get you another one brand new for the same price that you would pay for a 15 p3 at a audio shop. $200 and comes with a 90 day warenty

1003161hq9.jpg

im not sure if there 900max or not cause they just say 300rms n i dont know the real watage of this amp cause it says in the birth that it pushes 1000rms,1000peak @1ohm so im thinkin feedin 500 clean to each sould be fine, i dont turn my gains up high, i kinda got a wierd way of settin my gains, i wait till nighttime n i turn my radio up to bout 20 of 62 were i useally listen were theres no distortion n i turn the gain up half way n then turn up lpf till it starts hittin the mid bass good n then back it down a little n then turn up the bass boost till it picks up the lows, n then i turn it up till my lights start dimming n then turn it back till its hittin good without the lights dimming, i kno thats not good but its been fine for me, and im thinkin bout gettin rid of these 5500's n runnin some 7500 1544's n doin the big three to my truck, i can get it all done for $80 wire n all n beaing i got a 130amp factory alt the sub amp has 4 30amp fuses n the mid n high amp has 2 25amp fuses so that should be fine on it with 1/0, thanks for the comments man

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

Archived