07 Accent [Builds Dead, Car Was Sold]

I'm not some expert on boxes, but your box design could use some bracing I think. It looks like there is too much weight on too little of support.

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix GT Click to see my build log!

(2) SKAR VVX-12

Hifonics Brutus BRZ2400.1D

Hey stupid. I got your report. You cant type a coherent sentence but yet think you can run this much power? You cant even hyperlink on the internet. You have no mention of power upgrades. You just want dat big boom dat make dem bitchez panteez drop. Next time you report someone make sure the one getting the report isnt the one you reported.

I'm not some expert on boxes, but your box design could use some bracing I think. It looks like there is too much weight on too little of support.

That was a concern but i think with a lot of screws going through the port sides it should be fine hopefully.

any ideas on how to brace it?

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

You can space the screws about 4 to 5 inches apart, you don't need overkill on them. The wood glue is whats putting in the work.

This next comment is only my opinion as for the box why not do subs/port back and double up the top sheet to mount your amps? I'm most likely a dork but are the amps plus space for wires and access to dials on amps keeping that from happening? Or one amp up top and another on backside of box?

This is just an idea regardless your build going to turn out great. Love the rims!

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg

You can space the screws about 4 to 5 inches apart, you don't need overkill on them. The wood glue is whats putting in the work.

This next comment is only my opinion as for the box why not do subs/port back and double up the top sheet to mount your amps? I'm most likely a dork but are the amps plus space for wires and access to dials on amps keeping that from happening? Or one amp up top and another on backside of box?

This is just an idea regardless your build going to turn out great. Love the rims!

So you recommend regular wood glue? How about gorilla glue?

Yeah its more of a space issue as why they are on top. The box is designed to take up the whole trunk. Unless i put the amps under the box steve meade style lol I have the subs up, port up so that it can reflect off the rear windshield and maybe get a lil louder? :pardon: Plus i think the amps like that would look cool :drink40:

Thanks a lot bro appreciate the opinion!

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

In addition to what work the screws and glue are putting in, if you don't feel that's enough, you could use dowel rods. Adds some support and firmness.

(2) SKAR VVX-12

Hey stupid. I got your report. You cant type a coherent sentence but yet think you can run this much power? You cant even hyperlink on the internet. You have no mention of power upgrades. You just want dat big boom dat make dem bitchez panteez drop. Next time you report someone make sure the one getting the report isnt the one you reported.

ok so other than the box being possibly not strong enough to hold the weight... Its a pretty solid design?

thanks for all the advice and help

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

ndjs.jpg

Only one more concern. Where your amps are in that picture may not work out. I'm not sure since I've never seen that done before, but I'm curious to see what the vibration and pressure does to the amps. Other than that, your first box design looks dang good!

(2) SKAR VVX-12

Only one more concern. Where your amps are in that picture may not work out. I'm not sure since I've never seen that done before, but I'm curious to see what the vibration and pressure does to the amps. Other than that, your first box design looks dang good!

Lol yeah i thought of that too, but i think and hope it will be fine. I'll get those rubber things to help kill the vibration!

So im gonna try and do the build tomorrow then! Hopefully it turns out well

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

ndjs.jpg

i like the car.. even tho uve added a bit too much "extras" lol.. them hype rs should get down in the proper enclosure.. i would do the big 3 upgrade and add a 2nd battery in the back.. bc i consider 12.5 volts a massive voltage drop.. i make sure i maintain 13 volts with heavy bass... just so the amps stay nice n happy and nothing goes wrong

Archived