omega excalibur al-1630-edpb, ford contour 2000 question

I have installed this alarm after avistart failed after almost 10 years of usage.

However after installing excalibur now if i press start twice for remote start, instead of turning on remote start feature siren will be activated as long as the button is held, any hints ?

I have checked all wires numerous times, such as transmission neutral, closed hood, but still w/o much success.

also is there a pinout for 6 pin main wire harness ? The one that came in the installation manual is not quite clear

just plain and simple pinout with the diagram where each wire is clearly marked for its function.

also if i decide to use integrated relays instead of additional for locking and unlocking of the doors it is not quite clear for me how N/O input, N/C inputs and com output are connected ?

rest of the system should be working fine.

10x

petar

• 3 weeks later...

N/O stands for normally open circuit (power passing through normally, when triggered it goes to closed) N/C is normally closed, the exact opposite. it depends on whether you have negative or positive door locks. ( door locks that have power then go to 0 when locked, or locks that rest at 0 and go to 12v when triggered)

i would just make sure you have your 12v, ignition, starter, and accessory all powered. you will only need 5 wires at the ignition column unless you have a 2nd ignition or 2nd accessory/3rd accessory. A lot of times R/S alarms need to be programed out of the box to remote start (viper). if your neutral safety is on and all of the wires are hooked up check programing. does it even try to remote start?

MECP MASTER CEA208509

Proud employee of Alarms, ETC in lakeland, FL

ASE certified

2002 Tacoma:

4 RF P3 15s @ 28hz

2 RF T1500-1bdcps

2 pair Kicker QS

4 Pair RF Power 6s

3 RF p400-4

1 RF p200-2

ALP CDA-9887