JL Audio 6W3V3-4 anyone tried them?

i would like to run a set of these JL Audio 6W3V3-4 wondered if anyone had ever tried them or heard them? ill run them off the fifth channel of my soundstream. thoughts or info would be awesome thanks. some nice mid drivers would be cool.

@ admin: if this is in the wrong section feel free to move thanks.

Edited by jrot

A friend of mine has four of the 8 ohm version behind the rear seat of his four door full size Chevy truck. He is running them parallel for a 2ohm load off of the sub channel of a JL HD 900/5. Also he has the Audio Control EQS to control equalization. The w36's are in a single chamber ported box I believe they are tuned to around 45hz. He has the big three and not sure which red Stinger bat up front but I know he has the SPP 680 under the back seat. He has Focal 2 ways in all four doors. They sound great on what he normally listens to which is Jazz classic rock and country. In my opinion if you are looking to add a good punch in a very small space these are great little woofers. I have heard them on the type of music described above not on rap. I would doubt they have the boom that most rap contains at least in the box he built. They do fill the low end very well and balance perfectly with his highs for a very well balanced sound.

Barstad

well ive got a sundown sa8 as of now tuned to around 35hrz and pold 6.5" all around so im looking for something to bridge between the 6.5s and the 8"...you think a pair of these would do the trick?

I would say yes they would do the trick quite well. I am in the process of upgrading my highs and I am adding two pairs to fill the gap between my mids and my 13.5. My opinion of them is they are a top notch midbass woofer not really a sub. I am not familiar with the sa8's output. I am familiar with the sa12's and they would blend well and not overshadow it at all. But that is nothing some level adjustments could not fix.

Barstad

I will be losing my map pockets on my front doors and glassing pods with them in. In the rear I will build them in to the 6x9 location and relocating my mids and tweets to another area of the deck. I looked at is a challenge to do something creative LOL. Have fun man those little buggers sound darn good.

Edited by photochrisb931

Barstad

well im thinking they will probly get mounted in my amp rack or ill rebuild my sub box and make smaller enclosures for them but who know...i would really like to mount them on the front of my amp rack near the floor but im not sure if they would sound good there or not...ill make a thread on that when i get there...