I recently went to my first High Performance Drivers Education (HPDE) track event. My GTO needed new brake pads before the track event so I decided to go with Hawk HPS pads all around. They felt incredible on the street so I was assumed they would be fine on the track especially as brand new properly bedded pads. In my 4th and final run of day 1 I boiled my brake fluid. For Day 2 I drove the GTO twice and my dads boxster twice. I split the 2 up GTO run 1, Boxster run 2, GTO run 3 and that run 3 ended the GTO's track tiem for the weekend I lost brakes and then assuming I again boiled the fluid which I had I let it cool until the end of the day and drove the boxster for my final run which was a blast I just had accept I could no longer pass anything but miatas.... I checked my brakes after I heard a squeak driving around the parking lot. My drivers front pad was only a backing plate now.

heavy car + high speed + heavy braking= a destroyed set of brand new brake pads in under 300 miles...

But the experience was incredibly fun and I was lucky enough to drive my dads car back home with the GTO in a car trailer.

2004 Pontiac GTO- bolt ons, bagged, CCW's, SQzzz

Check Out my build log

Follow me on IG: @watsupitsdenny

I already replaced them with duralast ceramics. I think I will be going to EBC blue pads for my next event if I use this car again. I will also be installing stainless steel brake lines and using SRF high temperature brake fluid.

2004 Pontiac GTO- bolt ons, bagged, CCW's, SQzzz

Check Out my build log

Follow me on IG: @watsupitsdenny