Do you like your Dremel Trio?

I've been having alot of problems with mine and I've only used it on 1/2" MDF so I was wondering if anybody has had problems with theirs or if anybody thinks I should just return it to get a different tool?

System:

Basically Stock

In process of upgrading

If your trying to use it cut or trim,I think it's to much....You might try to invest in a router....Just my 2 cents...

Edited by BIGJOSE352

If your trying to use it cut or trim,I think it's to much....You might try to invest in a router....Just my 2 cents...

So you think I shouldn't use it to cut?

System:

Basically Stock

In process of upgrading

So you think I shouldn't use it to cut?

Not really 1/2 inch...It's o.k.to trim a little bit..But to use it to cut rings or cut out speaker holes,it might be to much....

I use mine to cut 3/4 inch MDF and its a little slow but if you use it right its pretty close to dead on accurate. I used mine to cut all the holes in my system and for other systems too. If you have the money get a larger router if your gonna be doing a lot of 15+ inch holes. Mine did fine with the 6 15 inch holes in my system but it got a little hot and had to take a few breaks.

2x Sundown Audio SA-15's nuff said for my little old car

1999 Plymouth Breeze Build Log

the dremel is a multi purpose tool so its cool cause u can do diffrent types of jobs with it. But if ur only going to be making mdf rings just get a Router.

xspower.jpg

ShowImage-1.jpg

Had an estimate of 6400 for an alpine/clarion setup dealer said it "should" hit around 160db with the custom boxes he was going to make for me..doubtful with so much area to move but, budget is way below that :( any ideas on cheaper brands for that kind of Spl setup? really didnt want to try any Boss or soundstorm, thinking Quantum figure around $150 per speaker "$1800 total" and $1700 to power it, first actual big setup for the van.

New MEMPHIS CAR AUDIO build

4 15s Memphis C3

2 xs power D3100

1 xs power d3400

custom fiberglass door pannel

and lots more

My Build

nvm i just seen the dremel trio and its now what i thought. i thought it was like the 300 or the 4000

xspower.jpg

ShowImage-1.jpg

Had an estimate of 6400 for an alpine/clarion setup dealer said it "should" hit around 160db with the custom boxes he was going to make for me..doubtful with so much area to move but, budget is way below that :( any ideas on cheaper brands for that kind of Spl setup? really didnt want to try any Boss or soundstorm, thinking Quantum figure around $150 per speaker "$1800 total" and $1700 to power it, first actual big setup for the van.

New MEMPHIS CAR AUDIO build

4 15s Memphis C3

2 xs power D3100

1 xs power d3400

custom fiberglass door pannel

and lots more

My Build

• 3 months later...

If you have a Harbor Freight Tools nearby you can get a cheap ass 1/4" trim router for MDF!

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- Kenwood KVT-514 and KNA-G510 Navigation

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500