Flood Damage Video

Had a crazy weekend. We got a ton of rain. Ohare Airport (which is 10 minutes away)got 7.2" in like 5 hrs...

I woke up about 4 in the morning and the power was out. I really didn't think anything of it at the time because it happens alot when there is a bad thunderstorm. I tried to pull up my comforter but it was heavy. I couldn't understand why until I tried to get out of bed. When I did I felt water past my ankles. At this point I'm flipping out, my cats flipping out. When I finally turned on the light I could see the water. I started filming about 45 minutes after I woke up. I don't know why but it seemed to help me deal with the fucking shock I was in. The video below is footage of the basement, and the blocks surrounding our house. I should mention that our basement has never flooded in the four years we have lived there.

I lost too much to remember but here are the highlights...

Laptop (Presently sitting in 10 lbs. of rice but I'm not optomistic.)

2 xbox's

ps2

2 pairs of shoes

1/3 octave eq

All but one tweeter from my entire frontstage

orbital sander

and a host of other shit I can't think of right now. Needless to say, I won't be going to springfield next month and I won't be building my wall anytime soon either.

We just finished pulling up the floor which only took about 50 minutes. I got to the water early while the other units let their water sit in there until like 10 in the damn morning. My entire floor was dry by 7:30 but the damage was done. The drywall is still in good shape as is the trim but the pergo was cupping like a mofo so it's history. Luckily there is a vinyl floor underneath it. The other units weren't so lucky. They let the water sit and now they have no drywall the for the bottom 10" in their basement.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

• 3 weeks later...

that fuckn blows bro :( if you need any new gear as far as subs or amps ill talk to Rusty at DC Audio and see if we can work out a nice discount

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

Sorry to hear this. I Spent a couple days last year helping my friend clean water out of his house (it was past my knees when I first got there) I know it sucks ass, and I hope all turns out well.

CARS

14 Sierra crew cab daily, Small build coming one of these days

69 C-10 fleetside in many pieces, won't be done till the end of time

Last car '12 Focus with build log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165619-2012-focus-btl-15-crescendo-sundown-audio-control/

Thx guys but im in good shape now. I also bought and installed my new frontstage. Only 100 bucks. (see sig) I was able to save my eq and my sander but laptop was wasted. It set me back a few weeks causing me to miss the show down in southern ill. Also set the wall build back but im back on track. Im going to take out the IB and build a ported box for the two18s. Going to start on the wall on the first of the month.

Thx again for the offer Chode. When I have more money for this crazy hobby next year I plan on upgrading and dc is at the top of the list.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

• 5 months later...

Holy Crap dude, that sucks. Sorry to hear- I know it doesn't mean much, but as the saying goes- it could have been worse.

Glad you and yours are alright, despite of you woes.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.